Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger’s new PCC

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    Does anybody know if velcro would hold up, say, 2x 15rd Glock mags? Seems to work ok for shotgun side saddles, so maybe that would be a solution to the buttstock mag pouch desires.
    That's a cool idea - heavy duty velcro backed to say a pair of 10-speed pouches. Might work just fine to make a modern M1 Carbine...

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    That's a cool idea - heavy duty velcro backed to say a pair of 10-speed pouches. Might work just fine to make a modern M1 Carbine...
    That's exactly what I had in mind.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    Does anybody know if velcro would hold up, say, 2x 15rd Glock mags? Seems to work ok for shotgun side saddles, so maybe that would be a solution to the buttstock mag pouch desires.
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Specter Gear makes a bespoke buttstock pouch for the PC carbine:
    https://www.spectergear.com/ProductD...Code=SG%2D1085

I prefer the 10-speed pouch design, but I prefer avoiding weight-bearing velcro even more. I still don't understand why nobody makes a MOLLE buttstock sheath/jacket so we can just use whatever pouch we want on something like this.
    Last edited by JRB; 09-11-2019 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Shot mine at the local carbine match. No troubles. I hope it stays that way.

In any case, the gun might be living in a magazine limiting state in the near future (sigh, long story, family). So what to do with the limit to capacity. I bought one of those Lone Wolf Glock couplers. A friend has one. So mine was no good. The long screw that holds it together wouldn't go all the way through and locked solid as a rock partially in the threads. I sent it back and asked for a replacement that worked. Instead they just sent a refund. Oh, well.

Looked for a stock sleeve for mags but they aren't made anymore. Thus, I go to a local police, tactical store and come up with this:

Attachment 42069

Better than nothing. I used it at the match and it is clumsy. But it is a way to have more rounds available when you pick up the gun. I'm left handed, BTW. The gun has no threads as this makes mankind safe.
    Glenn would these work? They are for the old M1 carbine but might be a bit better for what you are trying to do.
    https://www.worldwarsupply.com/cart/...ory&path=84_88
    https://www.fulton-armory.com/magazi...efor2-15s.aspx

I have two 10/22s but have wanted the takedown for (stupid) reasons, including I think the Magpul Backpacker stock is cool.
    And I really enjoy my 9mm AR a lot.
    And I have thought the Ruger PCC is cool.
    And it sounds like a simple magazine mod makes M&P mags work in the Ruger mag well.
    And now this:
    Name:  PCC Fall2020.JPG
Views: 1051
Size:  25.1 KB

They say not hitting production until this fall, that should work out with my acquisition of stuff I want/need more than a second 9mm carbine
    https://youtu.be/CZEIuLzIdjw

And I just noticed there are two QD points, neither of them on the detachable barrel like I suggested here. So yeah, I am see a silly purchase in my future. Then I will need to buy the Harbor Freight Mini Mill to modify the magazines, then get the matching 10/22, I guess I stepped onto this slippery slope a long time ago!

It is perplexing to me that Ruger has not come out with a "Charger" pistol version of the PCC yet.
    Last edited by Tackleberry40sw; 01-19-2020 at 09:36 AM.

Site Supporter
    Picked up a PCC today from a gentleman via FB Marketplace.

$450...seller claimed @ 300 rounds through it (looked about right) and came with one G26 10 rnd. mag and nothing else (I woulda tossed the Ruger mag and adaptor in a bin anyway).

After making a "shady gun deal" in a Chevron parking lot, I swung by an LGS to pick up a couple of Magpul 21 rnd. mags and a Romeo5 on the way to the range.

I made sure to adjust the barrel nut per instructions via online Owner's Manual, then put 50 rounds through it at 25 yds. to verify the iron sight zero and test the G26 magazine. I had two stovepipes...not a promising start.

I mounted the Romeo5, loaded the Magpul mags, and then shot 250 rounds for zeroing and plinking. Zero malfunctions.

After reading the previous post about the potential for the barrel nut to loosen, I marked mine with red paint after tightening in order to keep a visual check. I tightened the nut until the barrel would not insert, then backed it off two clicks.

The seller did include a backpack with homemade foam cut-outs...

There was a recent discussion (can't remember if here or somewhere else) about discreet carry bags for SBR/PDW's. Someone mentioned that a racquet bag, etc. isn't actually discreet if it doesn't match your physical appearance (I definitely don't look like a tennis player) or setting.

So...does a bagpipe carrier qualify as discreet?

With the foam pulled, it has a lot more usable room.

Then the gears started turning. "Wait a sec...that looks like it might...lemme try something..."

Which sucks, because I just got my Vertx Gamut Overland pack in last week I bought for this very purpose and already tossed the tags and return slip.
    Last edited by kwb377; 01-20-2020 at 09:47 PM.

Name:  IMG_4778.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  30.7 KBName:  IMG_4779.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  53.3 KBName:  IMG_4776.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  48.1 KBName:  IMG_4777.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  51.5 KB

I shot my Ruger PCC today. I got it when they first came out and I have played with it off and on since. I had sighted in the Aimpoint, but wanted to fine tune it, so today I shot with a bipod and squeeze rear bag. I adjusted it at 25 yards and shot a few groups and shot more at 50 yards. I took off the Aimpoint and shot 5 rounds with the factory iron sights at the turkey at 50, then put the Aimpoint back on and fired another 10 rounds at 50. I guess the sight returned to zero.

Then I shot the tombstone popper at 100 yards. It didn't drop very much. Then I shot the Pepper Popper at 140 yards. I had to hold on the head to get hits. I had some misses here. The wind was blowing too. I'm fairly confident this is a 150 yard gun at most. I shot around 150 rounds of my minor 9mm reloads. No problems at all.

I'll probably get a different fore end and mount a light and a sling. It'll make an excellent behind the door gun.

Are these generally reliable? For the price I’m considering one for my ban state. I own a g19 too. Not really the “rifle” I imagined getting but I’m curious

User Tag List