Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger’s new PCC

Hmmm...

...I'll be watching for reviews among our own community.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    I'll admit, I'm interested in this. I shot a PC4 and a CX4 a little back in the day and I've always kind of liked PCCs. They don't do a whole lot, but they're neat and fun. Between revolver releases and this new PCC, I like what Ruger is doing. Hell, even the Security 9 interests me a little bit from a budget handgun perspective.
    Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    If the carbine runs well on 17 and 33 round glock mags, and it sells well, aftermarket will probably release stock assemblies(side folding, pistol grip, ar buffer tube adapting, magpuling, tacticooling) and this gun will rule the known universe in 3 or 4 years. Ruger is good at playing to the aftermarket. It is known.
    Depending on the volumes, I'd imagine a Magpul Backpacker stock wouldn't be too far out of the realm of possibilities. That would make for a neat little package.

You guys have no idea how excited I am for this. I'm a big fan of the old Ruger P-series and missed out on a PC9 carbine. I'm very glad to see it takes Glock mags.

I need to grab a CX4 carbine at some point too.

Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    9mm is cool but 44mag would be mo betta. The 44mag deerfield carbines were really neat and practical guns.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    It’s too small of a niche rifle for it to be profitable...

Likewise, a 10mm would be nice... but will it sell? 10mm has made a resurgence, but with the lack of interest in .40, I don’t see it as big of a hit as .45 (at least would make a decent suppressor host). If Ruger doesn’t do a .40, and jumped to 10mm, sales might give them the idea that expanding past 9mm isn’t worth it. Going .45, then 10mm... there is a little more room for lower demand.

I always see people want .44 semi rifles, but there must be a reason they don’t sell. I own a the older .44 (tube fed), and only got it because of chance. Didn’t go out with the idea I’d pick one up. But prefer it over the detachable magazine ones, as it is a very nice design (no magazines to hunt down).

This will be one of very few options for a CA-legal "featureless" detachable mag semi-auto. We have the old Saiga sporter, the Ares/Fightlight SCR, the Kel-Tec SU-16, M1 Carbine... then all the "kydex fin on AR grip" wacky solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    This might give me an excuse to actually buy a 33 round Glock mag....
    Aside from OC and instagram wet dreaming, it would be the only excuse. Unless you know someone with an issued G18.

"Dude, your 33-round Glock stick is poking my eye out..."

(Actual quote from me to an open carrier with a Glock 9mm mag sprouting 4-6 inches out the top of a side cargo pants pocket at an art festival last summer)
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 12-28-2017 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Aside from OC and instagram wet dreaming, it would be the only excuse. Unless you know someone with an issued G18.
    I keep one on the nightstand, one in the truck.

I used to laugh, (back in the day), at the guys that carried them on entries. Go figure.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

I used to laugh, (back in the day), at the guys that carried them on entries. Go figure.
    I would certainly want to be behind them. I have had zero bad guy guns pointed at me but many fellow LEO guns.

Ruger has me excited with their new releases. Do we have any idea what the price on these will be? I see the MSRP of 649.
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 12-28-2017 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Magpul, dude, because if you can’t do it with 27, you can’t do it at all.

(Confession: Most recent midway order contains... Magpul 21-rounder... [/busted...] )

User Tag List