Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger’s new PCC

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Jeff Quinn's review.

http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-PCCarbine.htm

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    That review actually moved me from the yawn camp to the interested camp.

Is CCI blazer brass not the best ammo? I haven't shot the stuff in years.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    That review actually moved me from the yawn camp to the interested camp.

Is CCI blazer brass not the best ammo? I haven't shot the stuff in years.
    The only thing Jeff said that I agree with is wanting a rifle sized gun in a rifle cartridge.

This might give me an excuse to actually buy a 33 round Glock mag....

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    This might give me an excuse to actually buy a 33 round Glock mag....
    They are a bit much in a pistol.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    The only thing Jeff said that I agree with is wanting a rifle sized gun in a rifle cartridge.

I imagine Jeff is a nice guy but I take his reviews for what they are. I'm that odd guy who likes the idea of small pistol caliber rifle. Especially one that can take Glock mags as well as the ruger mags.

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    If the carbine runs well on 17 and 33 round glock mags, and it sells well, aftermarket will probably release stock assemblies(side folding, pistol grip, ar buffer tube adapting, magpuling, tacticooling) and this gun will rule the known universe in 3 or 4 years. Ruger is good at playing to the aftermarket. It is known.
    This makes me wonder why Ruger isn't taking care of the aftermarket itself. Surely there are enough people out there who would want a folding stock. Ideally Ruger would make a hinge and stock assembly that would work across the Mini, 10/22, Gunsite Scout, etc. Whichever rifle stock could then be cut off at the wrist and have this hinge piece installed. I'm thinking of something like what VLTOR does for the M14/M1A folder.

Everyone liked the original Mini14 stock. But maybe that's just because they're now expensive collector items.

9mm is cool but 44mag would be mo betta. The 44mag deerfield carbines were really neat and practical guns.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    9mm is cool but 44mag would be mo betta. The 44mag deerfield carbines were really neat and practical guns.

I had one of those probably 25 years ago. I never hunted with it and really didn't even shoot it. Once the novelty of a 44 Magnum carbine wore off the gun had zero value.

I had one of those probably 25 years ago. I never hunted with it and really didn't even shoot it. Once the novelty of a 44 Magnum carbine wore off the gun had zero value.

I would imagine a rifle that isn't used for hunting or even target shooting has little value to the owner. However for those of us that do hunt, especially hogs, a small carbine in 44mag is pretty useful. 75% of my shots are less than 100 yards. Honestly, this rifle in 9mm would work fine when I trap them instead of hunting from a stand.

Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    I would imagine a rifle that isn't used for hunting or even target shooting has little value to the owner. However for those of us that do hunt, especially hogs, a small carbine in 44mag is pretty useful. 75% of my shots are less than 100 yards. Honestly, this rifle in 9mm would work fine when I trap them instead of hunting from a stand.

Having grown up in Montana, my idea of hunting rifles differs from yours.

I own plenty of guns that have no real purpose. I still own a Rossi 44 Magnum lever. I haven't shot that gun in a couple of decades and it has no practical value at this point in my life. But I'll keep it because I like it. I can't say the same about the Ruger 44.

User Tag List