Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger’s new PCC

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    If you can take a 10/22, you can take a PCC, yes?
    If the PCC is an EBR - it's not a cross all states gun, I think.

Site Supporter
    The problem with a cross all states gun is that if you are doing anything more than passing through certain states, you n Ed some type of permit from that state just to possess or transport any gun. So, coming up with a gun that complies is easy, but making sure you are in compliance when you have that gun is not so easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Ruger’s new PCC

I am guessing that other modular mag wells can be made by anyone? (Cough cough Magpul cough) And that Beretta 92, Sig, and M&P are soon to follow? That would be amazing...

Last edited by Gadfly; 01-04-2018 at 11:04 PM.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

I'm also really hoping to see other magwells become available at some point, especially 92 series mags.

Site Supporter
    I'm really excited for this rifle, specifically for my Sister and my Mother.

Both struggle with the AR15's manual of arms (operating the charging handle) and are sensitive to muzzle blast. They can both run an AK acceptably well (simpler total controls) but the additional recoil, crappy sights, and the rock-and-lock magazine insertion was difficult for them, and the muzzle blast issue was still present.

They can both run the wheels off of a 10/22 and that's the current solution - but .22LR obviously leaves a lot to be desired. I found an old Ruger Deerslayer .44 Mag to cross that gap, and they both can run it well, but reliability has been an ongoing issue with it. Despite my best efforts I cannot find a load that it'll feed 100%, even FMJ's. Plus being tube fed vs detachable magazine makes them nervous when clearing it.

I almost sourced a PC9 for each at considerable expense, but I had them try a friend's old PC4 and the stock length was a real problem for them. I was shocked to see how much longer the PC4's synthetic stock was vs the Deerslayer's 10/22 esque sizing.

This PC9, if they run well, is absolutely the perfect solution for them for an HD long gun, and I'm sure my tween-aged nephew and niece will really enjoy shooting it too. If this thing runs well on cheap steel case 9mm, it'll be plinking heaven for them - ideal for planting the seed to make them both shooting enthusiasts someday!

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    I am guessing that other modular mag wells can be made by anyone? (Cough cough Magpul cough) And that Beretta 92, Sig, and M&P are soon to follow? That would be amazing...
    That's an interesting idea. If Ruger would release the data to make the magwell adapter "open source", and the market responded, they'd sell even more of these.

I can’t imagine them not offering different magwells with the design they have. I think it’s a matter of when and what they offer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I'm really excited for this rifle, specifically for my Sister and my Mother.

Both struggle with the AR15's manual of arms (operating the charging handle) and are sensitive to muzzle blast. They can both run an AK acceptably well (simpler total controls) but the additional recoil, crappy sights, and the rock-and-lock magazine insertion was difficult for them, and the muzzle blast issue was still present.

They can both run the wheels off of a 10/22 and that's the current solution - but .22LR obviously leaves a lot to be desired. I found an old Ruger Deerslayer .44 Mag to cross that gap, and they both can run it well, but reliability has been an ongoing issue with it. Despite my best efforts I cannot find a load that it'll feed 100%, even FMJ's. Plus being tube fed vs detachable magazine makes them nervous when clearing it.

I almost sourced a PC9 for each at considerable expense, but I had them try a friend's old PC4 and the stock length was a real problem for them. I was shocked to see how much longer the PC4's synthetic stock was vs the Deerslayer's 10/22 esque sizing.

This PC9, if they run well, is absolutely the perfect solution for them for an HD long gun, and I'm sure my tween-aged nephew and niece will really enjoy shooting it too. If this thing runs well on cheap steel case 9mm, it'll be plinking heaven for them - ideal for planting the seed to make them both shooting enthusiasts someday!
    I am thinking along somewhat similar lines regarding this gun’s potential for home defense.

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    That's an interesting idea. If Ruger would release the data to make the magwell adapter "open source", and the market responded, they'd sell even more of these.
    An adapter is only needed if you want to retain the factory stock. A third party - say Ramline - could offer a replacement stock, and at that point the sky is basically the limit when it comes to 9mm pistol mags. If the carbine can feed from two position SMG-style magazines...

— Michael

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    A 3D scanner and printer could probably make something quite usable.
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - R. A. Heinlein

User Tag List