Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435
Results 341 to 350 of 350

Thread: Rugerís new PCC

  1. #341
    Site Supporter NH Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    New Hampshire, U.S.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post
    If you want something to fly under the radar I'd be tempted just to get the regular handguard.
    Even with the rail, it remains SAFE compliant under the current definitions. A WML would be an important accessory for my intended use and adding one in the spot I want it (around the 10 o'clock position) would be a piece of cake.

  2. #342
    I messaged with the person who I thought had found the fix. It turns out that his has become less reliable over time. He thought he had the issues narrowed down to needing to re-seat the barrel every few hundred rounds, but lately had a couple of malfunctions on the first few mags through a freshly-seated barrel.

    As I said, from reading various Ruger forums the gun seems plagued with issues that seem to get worse over time. One or two forums had close ups of the extractor, which looked like it was not deep enough. I also thing the desire to produce a take apart gun has led to something that has variable problems with the chamber, making it less reliable. The concept of a 9mm carbine that breaks apart into two pieces is a winner, but the execution causes reliability problems.

    I have not fired mine and don't intend to but will instead take a hit and use it to trade toward something else.

    As an added bonus, the last time I tried taking it apart and putting it together as illustrated in the manual I had a painful issue. Upon putting it together the bolt slammed forward and the charging handle whacked me on the trigger finger, which was positioned on the barrel forend section. It managed to nail me right on the tip and give me a nasty blood blister, which I drained. It is going to be sore for a while and now hurts when I shoot firearms. Oh well . . .

  3. #343
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Shot mine at the local carbine match. No troubles. I hope it stays that way.

    In any case, the gun might be living in a magazine limiting state in the near future (sigh, long story, family). So what to do with the limit to capacity. I bought one of those Lone Wolf Glock couplers. A friend has one. So mine was no good. The long screw that holds it together wouldn't go all the way through and locked solid as a rock partially in the threads. I sent it back and asked for a replacement that worked. Instead they just sent a refund. Oh, well.

    Looked for a stock sleeve for mags but they aren't made anymore. Thus, I go to a local police, tactical store and come up with this:

    Name:  Ruger 9.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  25.8 KB

    Better than nothing. I used it at the match and it is clumsy. But it is a way to have more rounds available when you pick up the gun. I'm left handed, BTW. The gun has no threads as this makes mankind safe.

  4. #344
    I have had mine for a while now with 100's of rounds through it and ZERO problems. It is everyone's in the families favorite rifle to shoot and just keeps chugging away. I am thinking about picking up a second one to leave at my desert house.

  5. #345
    Does anybody know if velcro would hold up, say, 2x 15rd Glock mags? Seems to work ok for shotgun side saddles, so maybe that would be a solution to the buttstock mag pouch desires.

  6. #346
    Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    Does anybody know if velcro would hold up, say, 2x 15rd Glock mags? Seems to work ok for shotgun side saddles, so maybe that would be a solution to the buttstock mag pouch desires.
    That's a cool idea - heavy duty velcro backed to say a pair of 10-speed pouches. Might work just fine to make a modern M1 Carbine...

  7. #347
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    That's a cool idea - heavy duty velcro backed to say a pair of 10-speed pouches. Might work just fine to make a modern M1 Carbine...
    That's exactly what I had in mind.

  8. #348
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    Does anybody know if velcro would hold up, say, 2x 15rd Glock mags? Seems to work ok for shotgun side saddles, so maybe that would be a solution to the buttstock mag pouch desires.
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    That's a cool idea - heavy duty velcro backed to say a pair of 10-speed pouches. Might work just fine to make a modern M1 Carbine...
    Specter Gear makes a bespoke buttstock pouch for the PC carbine:
    https://www.spectergear.com/ProductD...Code=SG%2D1085

    I prefer the 10-speed pouch design, but I prefer avoiding weight-bearing velcro even more. I still don't understand why nobody makes a MOLLE buttstock sheath/jacket so we can just use whatever pouch we want on something like this.
    Last edited by JRB; 09-11-2019 at 12:35 AM.

  9. #349
    Site Supporter Zincwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Central Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Shot mine at the local carbine match. No troubles. I hope it stays that way.

    In any case, the gun might be living in a magazine limiting state in the near future (sigh, long story, family). So what to do with the limit to capacity. I bought one of those Lone Wolf Glock couplers. A friend has one. So mine was no good. The long screw that holds it together wouldn't go all the way through and locked solid as a rock partially in the threads. I sent it back and asked for a replacement that worked. Instead they just sent a refund. Oh, well.

    Looked for a stock sleeve for mags but they aren't made anymore. Thus, I go to a local police, tactical store and come up with this:

    Name:  Ruger 9.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  25.8 KB

    Better than nothing. I used it at the match and it is clumsy. But it is a way to have more rounds available when you pick up the gun. I'm left handed, BTW. The gun has no threads as this makes mankind safe.
    Glenn would these work? They are for the old M1 carbine but might be a bit better for what you are trying to do.
    https://www.worldwarsupply.com/cart/...ory&path=84_88
    https://www.fulton-armory.com/magazi...efor2-15s.aspx

  10. #350
    Site Supporter Zincwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Central Texas

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •