Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Open carrier in Fayetteville NC Walmart has gun taken

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Do remember that Florida is the home of the infamous Florida Man.
    Seriously? I thought Dana Loesch was making that shit up.

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    Seriously? I thought Dana Loesch was making that shit up.
    Nope, Florida Man is real, and you should be afraid. Very afraid.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Nope, Florida Man is real, and you should be afraid. Very afraid.
    You know, whenever I hear "Florida Man", all I can picture is "Joe Dirt" in a T-shirt with the sleeve's ripped off.
    Our current climate here in the Dakota's doesn't allow for such foolishness.

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    You know, whenever I hear "Florida Man", all I can picture is "Joe Dirt" in a T-shirt with the sleeve's ripped off.
    Our current climate here in the Dakota's doesn't allow for such foolishness.
    There's also his famous call of "hold my meth and watch this".
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

There's also his famous call of "hold my meth and watch this".
    We also have the Meth issue, however, our aptly named "Tundra Task Force" is full of great guys and gals doing good work.
    My apologies for the thread drift.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    It's not that or the new cottage industry of grab-a-gun thefts that concerns me. I believe campus carry and perhaps some other restricted areas are a higher priority. We could also do with a state pre-emption on counties having longer waiting periods and different knife rules. Those things might have a chance, but once the OC crowd start carrying AKs to Walmart, Chipotle, and wherever OC carriers go, Miami-Dade/Broward/Palm Beach/Orange County will go ballistic and can kill any chance of those things in the future. For what? So wannabes can wear their chest rigs and carbines to the grocery store.

I think this is where the media kills us. It hasn't been but the last few years that "Open Carry" has come to mean some asshole walking around with a rifle. Back when I open carried NO ONE carried long guns. Open Carry was the open display of a handgun.

Open carrier in Fayetteville NC Walmart has gun taken

Here in CT the pistol permit states on it “Permit to carry pistols and revolvers” nowhere does it mention concealed etc. A few years back there was a gun store owner who went in to pick up dinner from a chain restaurant while OC’ing and was arrested. Long story short he fought it and won, my point being while not being illegal (muh 3% rights!) I don’t think it sets a good image for the gun community. In my hometown barber shop I was sitting next to a fella running a kimber in a Serpa the other day, the entire time he’s sitting in the chair waiting to get called he’s thumbing the grip safety. I’ve seen a few here locally at businesses and actually more out at relatives in Berks county area of PA, but that’s quite a bit more rural. I’m really surprised we don’t read about it happening more often.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    Last edited by Larry Sellers; 01-02-2018 at 09:48 AM.
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Site Supporter
    Open carry of long guns creates another issue. People bring holstered handguns when they don’t think they will need a gun. Most people, with the exception of the extreme open carry fringe, do not bring long guns into businesses or other public places unless they plan to use them.

If I saw someone carrying a long gun into my church, a restaurant where my family and I are eating, etc., at the very least I am evacuating my family. Depending on what else I perceive, my gun might be pointed at the open carrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    I've seen exactly one person open carrying around here in the last 9 years, at a Publix. No one seemed to care, but if I'd wanted another pistol that day it would have been all too easy.

I seen my first OCer today. It was in a Firehouse Subs in Asheville NC. She was carrying a Glock 26/27 in an OWB leather holster with a thumb break strap some where about 4:30 on the belt which appeared to good qualty. She was nicely dressed in jeans and a button down shirt with a sweater vest, and Ugg boots, almost business casual. Not that it matters, maybe it does, I would say she is a strong 8. I would put her in her late 20s. I don't think she was LEO as I didn't see cuffs or a badge. She was with 2 males approximately the same age as she. One was nicely dressed and appeared to be the significant other, at least close enough to kiss on the lips. Guy number 2, slightly younger, was pulled straight from the trailer park and I really wondered what he was doing there. Brother maybe? Nice dressed guy paid for all three. Their SA was non existent as the patrons at the table behind her was cheek to cheek with her multiple times. Watching them leave made me think that she wasn't aware that her gun was exposed and this was a failure of concealment. As she made her way to the door she pulled the sweater out, down and over the pistol. If it was a failure of CC, she went more than 20 minutes exposed. The funny part was Biggie Smalls and Tupac in the back corner making fun of her and her "gat". No one else seem to even notice, I don't know if that's good or bad. My we live in interesting times.

User Tag List