Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Open carrier in Fayetteville NC Walmart has gun taken

I have seen a grand total of one open-carrier in inner-loop Houston, and he was walking on a large, park-like green space on his own land, adjacent to an upscale apartment building that he owned. His dark jacket was much like that typically worn a security guard, or police officer, but with no lettering, and he even had a body-worn video camera rolling. He was walking with his apparently unarmed uniformed security guard. I had been dispatched regarding a suspicious vehicle at the “park,” and this property owner was, coincidentally, about to approach this vehicle, with his security guard, when I arrived. HPD typically has a quite long response time to non-emergency calls, so I think his actions were sensible.

Open carrier in Fayetteville NC Walmart has gun taken

Blues,

I hate country music but love me some Charlie Daniels Band!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by H&KFanNC; 12-27-2017 at 12:27 AM.
    Using Tapatalk

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I have an upcoming novel where the protagonist finds himself to be unarmed, due to a series of unfortunate events, and in need of procuring a weapon. I'm debating:

1) Having him look for a car/truck with a Molon Labe, I can't carry a cop so I carry a gun, or SIG sticker.

or

2) Following a hapless OC'r into the men's room.
    Glock Perfection sticker

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Glock Perfection sticker
    Or a Yeti sticker.

Site Supporter
    I have an upcoming novel where the protagonist finds himself to be unarmed, due to a series of unfortunate events, and in need of procuring a weapon. I'm debating:

1) Having him look for a car/truck with a Molon Labe, I can't carry a cop so I carry a gun, or SIG sticker.

or

2) Following a hapless OC'r into the men's room.
    I think your protagonist should try the doors on a few vehicles and run the gambit of the obvious stickers (Molon Labe, Insured by H&K, I don't dial 911, etc) only to find the doors actually locked. Maybe set off a car alarm and have to evade the attention, only to have the fearless SHERPDERG responding to the honking alarm on his bright red, lift-kitted Jeep Wrangler Unlimited provide the perfect opportunity to grab the Taurus 1911 or S&W XD off of his waistband right there in the parking lot. The XD would be perfect, you could slip in a laugh about the 'grip zone' as he's forcibly depriving the guy of his weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    I think your protagonist should try the doors on a few vehicles and run the gambit of the obvious stickers (Molon Labe, Insured by H&K, I don't dial 911, etc) only to find the doors actually locked. Maybe set off a car alarm and have to evade the attention, only to have the fearless SHERPDERG responding to the honking alarm on his bright red, lift-kitted Jeep Wrangler Unlimited provide the perfect opportunity to grab the Taurus 1911 or S&W XD off of his waistband right there in the parking lot. The XD would be perfect, you could slip in a laugh about the 'grip zone' as he's forcibly depriving the guy of his weapon.
    If I'm not careful, I may have to list you as a co-author...
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    If I'm not careful, I may have to list you as a co-author...
    To heck with all that, just pm me a link on where to buy a copy when it's published!

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    To heck with all that, just pm me a link on where to buy a copy when it's published!
    Well, this is for book #4, so it's gonna be awhile. I'll PM you a link for Book #1 though!
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Banned
    It's really interesting to me that this discussion is happening on a couple of other forums and the open carry advocates are being very nasty to anyone who would dare to suggest that OC may not be the most sound practice While pretty much everyone here is in agreement that it's not a great idea
    Last edited by Cypher; 12-27-2017 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    It's really interesting to me that this discussion is happening on a couple of other forums and the open carry advocates are being very nasty to anyone who would dare to suggest that OC may not be the most sound practice While pretty much everyone here is in agreement that it's not a great idea
    There are reasons this is the only firearms-centric forum I frequent.

User Tag List