Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Open carrier in Fayetteville NC Walmart has gun taken

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I see far more Serpas at action pistol matches than I'd like to. (Zero would of course be the optimal number.) Unfortunately, that particular flavor of derp is pretty widespread, and extends beyond just your basic open carry idiots.
    In my travels across America, the presence or absence of a Blackhawk! Serpa holster wall when doing a shelf check at a random gun shop has become a good indicator of the type of store I’m in.

Quote Originally Posted by H&KFanNC View Post
    Sadly, I live in Fayetteville. I am not surprised this happened, especially in this particular Walmart. I see at least one person OC’ing at my local Walmart 7/10 visits. You laugh about the Uncle Mike’s Holsters but that seems to be the norm here. Those and cheap Blackhawk Holsters. It’s really sad...

^^^Truth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    I honestly believe that it should be your decision to open carry or not even though I think it's a dumb idea.

I want to say something new and different but it's pretty much been covered. I've never seen anyone open carry who I thought appeared competent. I've never seen anyone open carry who I thought wasn't trying to make a fashion statement. I knew one guy who did it because his girlfriend did and I think she would refuse him sex if he didn't.

She would dress in a skirt (something that would give ZERO support to the gun) walk around in one of those Black Hawk holsters. I can't count the times I walked up right behind her and she never knew I was there.

I think it was Tamara Keel that said "There's a difference between carrying a gun and carrying a gun AT YOU." this woman carried her gun AT YOU.

I think as time goes on and more idiot open carry we're going to see more of this.

How can this be true? I have been told by OC people that the exposed weapon has deterrent power, a talisman of sorts that wards off evil spirits.

I would actually prefer that some people open carry. In one of Neal Stephenson's books, criminals were given tattoos like "poor impulse control" on their foreheads. Open carry in an urban/suburban environment is kind of the functional equivalent of people tattooing "I am a clueless dickhead with self esteem and power and control issues" on their forehead. I always appreciate it when I see it, because I know exactly who I'm dealing with, and should I for some reason be unarmed, know where I can fetch a firearm of dubious reliability.

I open carry in the National Forest. During hunting season I've been known to stop at the trading post in town, but at least throw a jacket over my gun. That's more of a "covered up carry" but I do it out of politeness.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I see far more Serpas at action pistol matches than I'd like to. (Zero would of course be the optimal number.) Unfortunately, that particular flavor of derp is pretty widespread, and extends beyond just your basic open carry idiots.
    Too true. I used to work with a guy who is pretty switched on when it comes to tactical type shooting, mindset, use of force, first aid, the works. Still swore by the serpa for work and competition use and I was never able to change his mind. Regardless though Id still prefer to see serpa oc than nylon sausage sack oc by a mile
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I would actually prefer that some people open carry. In one of Neal Stephenson's books, criminals were given tattoos like "poor impulse control" on their foreheads. Open carry in an urban/suburban environment is kind of the functional equivalent of people tattooing "I am a clueless dickhead with self esteem and power and control issues" on their forehead. I always appreciate it when I see it, because I know exactly who I'm dealing with, and should I for some reason be unarmed, know where I can fetch a firearm of dubious reliability.
    "The Scarlet Letter" updated...maybe we should refer to these guys as Chester from now on.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    In one of Neal Stephenson's books, criminals were given tattoos like "poor impulse control" on their foreheads.
    Ah, yes. Snow Crash. Truly an excellent story, and to be honest, even though he was a villain, it was kind of hard not to like Raven's honesty about who and what he was, "poor impulse control" tattoo and all.

Nice job Sheepdog. Just another Sheepdog out Sheepdogging and keeping everyone safe.....
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    I value the fact that I have the right to open carry but do not unless I'm along field or stream, and even then the holster may be a flap version. I've seen very few open carriers in public. In every case I could have easily disarmed them--not because I'm a bad ass at 70. I could have because they were slovenly stupid and unaware. These people embarass me.

User Tag List