Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ruger Pistols

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    There also seems to be a 4" Redhawk with an unfluted cylinder. Maybe a 480?

Edited to add just checked it's a 357.
    Speaking of revolvers; where the heck is the large frame LCR? Would a large frame polymer revolver not sell? They could do a 6 shooter in 38/357 and a 5 shooter in 44 Special or maybe even 41 Mag. Basically everything they do now in the GP100 except with a different frame material.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I thought the safety on the LC9 was well done all things considered. Much better than the oddly placed and small SR pistols.

A 3 or 4 inch LCR in 327 would be interesting but so would one in .38.

The bad thing is that whatever they release will be recalled and then fixed.
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 12-23-2017 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    It looks more or less like the safety on the LC9. I think the idea there is that the safety is big enough to use for those who want to use it yet small enough to ignore for those who don't. Personally I'd rather Ruger would have made it big and thumb rest-able or just deleted it.
    I really hate when they do that. I'm not going to ignore a manual safety on the off chance that it might get accidentally engaged. They need to do like S&W and make it optional. Maybe make it easy to install/remove so the end user could do it and just include it in the box so you whoever buys the gun can make the choice.

Speaking of revolvers; where the heck is the large frame LCR? Would a large frame polymer revolver not sell? They could do a 6 shooter in 38/357 and a 5 shooter in 44 Special or maybe even 41 Mag. Basically everything they do now in the GP100 except with a different frame material.

A 6-shot .38 or maybe even .357 LCR would sell. I think they'd have to make a third frame size for a 5-shot .44special/ .41 mag.

To me the newer Ruger semi autos are the Buffalo Bills of the 90's. Been close a few times, but just couldn't quite make it happen. Magazine disconnects, safeties that are hard to work etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I thought the safety on the LC9 was well done all things considered. Much better than the oddly placed and small SR pistols.

A 3 or 4 inch LCR in 327 would be interesting but so would one in .38.

The bad thing is that whatever they release will be recalled and then fixed.

A 3 or 4 inch LCR... in .38.

They already have the LCRX in 38 with a 3in barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    To me the newer Ruger semi autos are the Buffalo Bills of the 90's. Been close a few times, but just couldn't quite make it happen. Magazine disconnects, safeties that are hard to work etc.
    I tend to agree but the exception is their 1911 line. I've been pleased with the overall quality, features and price.

Site Supporter
    They already have the LCRX in 38 with a 3in barrel.

True. What would be nice is a 6 shot version with that barrel length.

Which could be done easily with the .327.

True. What would be nice is a 6 shot version with that barrel length.

Which could be done easily with the .327.
    True. As mentioned earlier I think a larger version of the LCR is long overdue. Heck Ruger could do a whole family of new revolvers. 44 Mags, 357 Mags, etc.

Of course a lightweight 44 probably wouldn't be terribly fun to shoot, depending on the load....

New 9mm SP101...

Is there a company out there that designs more new guns and consequently misses on more new guns? These guys seem to make a new SFA every year, and it’s like none of their engineers or marketers realize that no one wants a gun with no modularity, no ambi-controls, a mag disconnect, etc. They just continue to design and re-design the SR9 series. I’m assuming 80% of their revenue comes from the LCP and revolvers, so I’m guessing they don’t expect many sales out of these
    Last edited by Kirk; 12-23-2017 at 08:55 PM.

User Tag List