Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ruger Pistols

So the Security 9 is an SAO pistol? I guess it's really no different than a fully pre-tensioned striker. It just seems that the gun world has gone full circle for carry guns. SAO>DA/SA>DAO>partially pre-tensioned striker>fully pre-tensioned striker>SAO

Ruger’s new Security 9?

This was just announced yesterday. It appears to be a "retro" design in that it is hammer fired. Also it lacks ambi controls and any sort of grip modularity.

So what's the intended market? Is it designed to compete against guns like the S&W Sigma? Why introduce a pistol that will compete against the American Compact?

I like the LCP series and think they're good little guns for someone looking for a tiny 380. So why do a midsize double stack version? Wouldn't a slightly larger single stack LCP in 9mm have been more popular? Something that competes against the Kimber Micro 9 and SIG 938 would have made more sense, no?

https://ruger.com/products/security9/models.html

Well, I guess as long as the price is good (MSRP $379) Ruger will sell a bunch of them.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I might be more interested if the safety was larger so I could ride it with my thumb. Maybe it's big enough. I'll fondle one once they hit stores but even if they were $100 under MSRP it'll be a while before I can get back to buying guns to play with.

Interesting entry for that price point...... but dude, the "bucket and ball" glock type sights, seriously? Would be great if it's a glock dovetail though to open it up to the entire world of aftermarket sights

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Would be great if it's a glock dovetail though to open it up to the entire world of aftermarket sights
    Indeed it would. It would also be more interesting if the pistol used Glock 19 mags. Ruger could ship it with Magpul mags. I'm sure Magpul would be happy to supply them to Ruger with Ruger logo, etc.

Looking at the info posted on the Ruger website it says the gun will fit existing holsters. Glock holsters?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Looking at the info posted on the Ruger website it says the gun will fit existing holsters. Glock holsters?

I would have thought Ruger American holsters, but I could see maybe some glock or APX holsters

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I could ride it with my thumb. Maybe it's big enough.
    It looks more or less like the safety on the LC9. I think the idea there is that the safety is big enough to use for those who want to use it yet small enough to ignore for those who don't. Personally I'd rather Ruger would have made it big and thumb rest-able or just deleted it.

There also seems to be a 4" Redhawk with an unfluted cylinder. Maybe a 480?

Edited to add just checked it's a 357.
    Last edited by Dave Williams; 12-23-2017 at 12:44 PM.

User Tag List