Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I Will, Likely, Step Away From The Thin Blue Line, 27 January, 2018.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Congratulations, brother. And now for your next goal...be retired for more years than you worked! I have four more years for my thirty, and then I'm done. Would leave today if I could. Has been occuring more frequently to me, as well, that I'm not the 25 year old hot shot I once was. Wiser, yes. More skilled in many areas, yes. But I ache BEFORE I do stuff now. And I can only look on in envy at the springiness of these kids I work with. Anyway...you earned your time. Go spend it.

Congrats Brother, there is life after retirement!

I have always believed that when the time comes, we truly know it. I’ve seen many leave too soon and regret it later and others who stayed too long. It sounds like you have all of all figured out.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do next, even if it’s just drinking whiskey and shooting guns off the back porch.

Congratulations! You’ve more than earned your retirement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Thanks for your service. I wish you a happy retirement and many days of enjoying those grandkids.

CWM11B
    Congratulations, and welcome to the club! I pulled the pin November 1. Very little I miss, as most of my running partners are doing the same. If I had it to do over again, I think I would have delayed it until 1 January. I'm looking to go back to work (non le) and the Thanksgiving/Christmas season is pretty much a shutdown for most places. You are going to realize just how tired you have been, and after the first couple of weeks you will feel like a new man. Here is to a long and healthy life as a pensioner!

Congratulations, Rex! I know you're leaving with mixed feelings, just know that you've got the respect and appreciation of many for your long service!

My debate now is to go when I'm eligible (Feb 2020), or hang on until mandatory (Feb 2022). I hit 30 last month, but, Federal civilian doesn't count my active military time for "service" so I've got a couple more years either way...

Congratulations! I hope you have a good and safe time winding down at work and a smooth transition into whatever new life you choose. I retired in 2016 and haven't regretted it once.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Congratulations! I just attended the retirement party of a gent I worked with for a long time today. I have 2 years 10 months 9 days according to my retirement calendar.
    Thanks. Be safe and well!

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Brother,

Your priorities are admirable. You have done your time. The rest of us will try to fill your boots. Some will succeed, many will not. Your honesty in your self evaluation at many stages of your career should be the norm. Sadly many of us are better at conning ourselves and risking sellf and partners for the sake of a deluded self image. Thank you for your service, and may each of your trainees carry their lessons learned from you to the next generation.

With much respect,

pat
    Thanks. Be safe out there!

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Congratulations, brother. And now for your next goal...be retired for more years than you worked! I have four more years for my thirty, and then I'm done. Would leave today if I could. Has been occuring more frequently to me, as well, that I'm not the 25 year old hot shot I once was. Wiser, yes. More skilled in many areas, yes. But I ache BEFORE I do stuff now. And I can only look on in envy at the springiness of these kids I work with. Anyway...you earned your time. Go spend it.
    Thanks! Yes, I know about aching before doing anything, and I, too, look at the young-uns with envy. Be safe!

User Tag List