Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: I Will, Likely, Step Away From The Thin Blue Line, 27 January, 2018.

Single digit midget. You’re so short you can walk under a dime!
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    It's the 27, congrats.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Thanks. Yes, it is the 27th. I had thought I would remain awake, to experience the moment, but I slept through my transformation into a pumpkin.

It is nice to be free of the “duty to respond.” I can decide whether to intervene, or not. I am free to forget my oath of office, and just go about being a decent human being.

There remains a bit of voluntary limitation on my freedom, as I must behave myself while the PD reviews my “honorably retired” status, and “processes” my application to carry handguns under the provisions of LEOSA and the Texas Penal Code. This usually takes four to six weeks! (I can carry with a state-issued handgun carry license, within its legal limitations.) Plus, I must continue to reasonably behave myself, because “honorably retired” status can be revoked, or the PD can opt to deny renewal. (Of course, I could have simply opted-out of the privileges of honorably-retired handgun carry.)

The other side of the firearms-carry coin is that the PD no longer dictates which weapons/ammunition I carry/use to defense myself or others. I can now use any size of buckshot. I can again tote a defensive rifle, which need not be limited to two specific weapon systems. I can now carry my longer-barreled revolvers in public places; no 4” barrel length limit.

Hmm, well, until after I have caffeinated myself, that is about the limit of my writing creativity, at the moment. :-)

Thanks, again, for all of the kind words.

Congrats Rex. Here's to a long, healthy and happy retirement and whatever you make of it. Enjoy.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Thanks. Yes, it is the 27th. I had thought I would remain awake, to experience the moment, but I slept through my transformation into a pumpkin.

It is nice to be free of the “duty to respond.” I can decide whether to intervene, or not. I am free to forget my oath of office, and just go about being a decent human being.

There remains a bit of voluntary limitation on my freedom, as I must behave myself while the PD reviews my “honorably retired” status, and “processes” my application to carry handguns under the provisions of LEOSA and the Texas Penal Code. This usually takes four to six weeks! (I can carry with a state-issued handgun carry license, within its legal limitations.) Plus, I must continue to reasonably behave myself, because “honorably retired” status can be revoked, or the PD can opt to deny renewal. (Of course, I could have simply opted-out of the privileges of honorably-retired handgun carry.)

The other side of the firearms-carry coin is that the PD no longer dictates which weapons/ammunition I carry/use to defense myself or others. I can now use any size of buckshot. I can again tote a defensive rifle, which need not be limited to two specific weapon systems. I can now carry my longer-barreled revolvers in public places; no 4” barrel length limit.

Hmm, well, until after I have caffeinated myself, that is about the limit of my writing creativity, at the moment. :-)

*Mike drop*......well done, man.

Site Supporter
    Thank you, sir, for your service. I am certain that you were a role model and mentor to peers, young and old. You survived all those years in one of America's toughest cities located in the county that has sent more men to death row than any other county in America. You have a skill set qualifying you to be a first rate officer in any city in our nation. I do hope that you feel proud. I do.

Congratulations on your retirement, sir. May you enjoy it for a long time!
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Wlw. I didn't realize they'd be so stringent about personal off-duty weapons.

Anyway, congratulations!
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - R. A. Heinlein

Congratulations Sir!

User Tag List