Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can for 300 BO

https://www.silencershop.com/liberty-mystic-x.html

http://libertycans.net/mystic-x/

Currently out of stock @ SilencerShop, unusual. I suspect the upgrade to support up to 300 WinMag boosted popularity.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Hey, all. A buddy of mine is taking the plunge into 300 blackout, and wants to get a suppressor. He asked me for suggestions for cans across a breadth of prices. I know NOTHING about buying a suppressor - mine have always been issued. What's the environment look like for 300 cans?

Thanks!
    Comparison between SIG SRD762TI-QD and Silencerco Omega

In the spirit of “get both”, I did. After shooting these for a few months I can subjectively compare the two.
    SIG SRD762TI-QD/ Silencerco Omega
    Attach SIG QD/ ASR
    Brake SIG Single Chamber/ ASR Brake
    Weight 16.7 oz/ 15.8 oz (using office postal scale)
    300BLK Test 10.5 inch Noveske/ 8.5 inch Rainer UM
    556 Test 11.5 inch Noveske SS/ 10.5 inch Noveske CL

300BLK Ammo
    208 AMAX
    150 GR Ozark Supersonic

223 Ammo
    MSR 62 gr

Sound: The SIG was defiantly the quieter of the two particularly in 300 BLK Subsonic. The term “stupid quiet” applies here. The SIG was also noticeably more quiet with the 223.

POI Shift: The POI shift appeared to be negligible in the SIG and detectable in the Omega but not bad. However I was only shooting at 50 yards with Aimpoint T1’s so there was plenty of room for error. I have shot the SICO at 100 yards and there is a shift of a over an inch on other rifles

Weight: SICO was lighter by about an ounce

Length: I kept the Compensator on the Omega as I move it between 556, 300 BLK and 308. As such it was less than about .7 inches shorter than the SIG. If you go with a flat endcap, it is much shorter. When I have time, I will switch to the flat 556 endcap to see how things compare.

Muzzle brake: The SIG single chamber MB was very effective but had BIG TIME flash. The Silencerco brake was a little more effective and did not have as much flash. However, as both are SBR’s you would not want to stand next to either. The cool thing about the SIG is that timing the muzzle brake is a breeze as you do not need shims. Much easier than SICO.

Attachment: The SIG is much better. The SIG uses a morse taper on the brake so it a quick twist to hand tight. There is a “lock” that engages near the end of the twist. Fast and slick. The Suppressor does not back off with extended fire. I greatly prefer the SIG system.

The Omega uses the ASR attachment.

Other factoids: The SIG is fat and has a lot more volume than the Omega due to girth and construction (there is no outer tube). This probably accounts for the sound difference. The SIG has 13 baffles (!).

Conclusion: My 300 BLK SBR's and one 556 SBR will convert to SIG (one of which is my “PDW”). The Omega will remain on the 308 (where it excels) and the other 556 rifles. In 300 BLK there is no comparison

Both suppressors will serve you well. If you want quiet, a better fast attach mount whiile still light, SIG is superior. IF you want length flexibility, the SICO might be the better choice. YMMV

I claim no broad expertise.

I have a Gemtech GMT-300 can that is specifically designed for 300BO. It's currently on sale at silencershop for a pretty good price. IIUC its claim to fame is max suppression of 300BO, but it's not rated for other calibers.

If you want a general 30 cal suppressor, I'm happy with my Sig 762Ti.

There are lots of nice 30 cal cans. My suspicion is that your friend will be happy with any 30 cal suppressor.

Hey, all. A buddy of mine is taking the plunge into 300 blackout, and wants to get a suppressor. He asked me for suggestions for cans across a breadth of prices. I know NOTHING about buying a suppressor - mine have always been issued. What's the environment look like for 300 cans?

Thanks!
    I’m in SA TX, I have Sico Omega and Specwar 7.62 cans if you and your buddy are in the area we can arrange a range day. Available hosts 11.5”-16”-18” 556, 9.5” 300blk and 18” 308. Shoot me a PM and I’m sure I can round up a few more host rifles with other local PF shooting buddies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    https://www.silencershop.com/liberty-mystic-x.html

http://libertycans.net/mystic-x/

Currently out of stock @ SilencerShop, unusual. I suspect the upgrade to support up to 300 WinMag boosted popularity.
    I have it in stock, latest version. https://hansohnbrothers.com/index.ph...facturer_id=63

Use coupon code DANGERZONE for an additional 10% off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the info so far - it's very helpful.

JM Campbell - thanks for the generous offer, but I'm in NYistan and my buddy is in IN - more's the pity!

Thanks for the info so far - it's very helpful.

JM Campbell - thanks for the generous offer, but I'm in NYistan and my buddy is in IN - more's the pity!
    No worries, hopefully someone closer can reach out for some demo time on some suppressors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Site Supporter
    I use the SilencerCo Omega 30 with the ASR mount on my 300 BLK rifle. I've been totally happy with it.

Dead Air Sandman-S, Rugged Razor or Micro30, SilencerCo Omega 300 or Thunder Beast Ultra 7. These are all solid performers with 300 BLK. Pick the mount and price point that fits your friend’s needs best. All the companies listed have top tier customer support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What about a Q Thunder Chicken?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

User Tag List