Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ Shadow 2 owners..Still Love it?

CZ Shadow 2 owners..Still Love it?

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySoldier View Post
    I dont like the idea of a consumable part being in the gun. Eventually it will wear, break and cause a malfunction. To me that makes the gun undependable
    A consumable part? You mean like every spring inside the gun? Technically magazines go inside the gun too, those are definitely considered consumable as well.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy
    Last edited by spinmove_; 12-28-2017 at 03:15 PM.

Not so much that any other new gun i ever purchased needed to provide a bag of spares in order to keep replacing

Not so much that any other new gun i ever purchased needed to provide a bag of spares in order to keep replacing
    Based on the fact that a shock buff isn’t that common and they’re probably very cheap to make, they might have just included them as a good faith token. Recoil springs are much more common and easier to source I would imagine. Based on the fact that some aren’t needing to replace their buffers a lot, it doesn’t sound like something that needs replacing often.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Same here but Im not having good thoughts on any "part" that they know is going to fall apart in the gun to the extent they provided extras
    I think you might be reading too much into them providing extras. Those are cheap plastic parts, I think it is a standard practice to package several of them. I did use them a little in 1911 and they usually came in multiples too.

I am not much worried about them breaking and jamming the gun as long as they are inspected and replaced as needed. They do reduce slide travel and that is not necessarily a good thing. I would've taken it out if my gun wasn't feeding or extracting well but as long as it runs, I dunno if these thingies are such a big deal one way or another.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

I dont like the idea of a consumable part being in the gun. Eventually it will wear, break and cause a malfunction. To me that makes the gun undependable

Are you EDC’ing this pistol?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Putting aside the fact all guns have consumable parts like Springs etc, Guns are purpose built. The Shadow 2 is purpose built as a competition “gun games” gun. The buffer may not make sense in a duty gun vs simply running a heavier spring but the buffer allowing a lighter recoil spring makes sense for a “gun games” gun where fractions of a second count.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Putting aside the fact all guns have consumable parts like Springs etc, Guns are purpose built. The Shadow 2 is purpose built as a competition “gun games” gun. The buffer may not make sense in a duty gun vs simply running a heavier spring but the buffer allowing a lighter recoil spring makes sense for a “gun games” gun where fractions of a second count.
    This so much of this.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Site Supporter
    I was playing with a Shadow 2 in my LGS.

I’m guessing the shadow2 manual safety was made thin because most are lowering the hammer and running from DA ?

Can the Shadow 2 be fitted with the old style shadow safety, the one with the thumb guards ?

There are bigger safeties available for it. Including one with a large shelf. Not 100% sure if it's SP01 safety compatible.

Youre 100% correct though , for the purpose it was designed the safety will pretty much never get used hence the thin safeties being popular.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

very much in love with my 2s, although I did sell the Urban grey gun I had, just didn't like the color.
    I'm coming up on 75,000 rounds through the two guns, and outside of having now replaced the 8lb recoil springs in both guns, have had zero gun problems. (oh and had a double charge go through the match gun, that needed new extractor, pin and spring as well as new slidestop).
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

User Tag List