Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ Shadow 2 owners..Still Love it?

Ah, I understand. Not the preferring short fronts tho, but if it’s an advantage for you no need to justify it.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I got one a few months back on an impulse buy, and actually didn’t like it that much. It didn’t feel right in my hand, and actually rubbed the web of my hand raw during extended shooting and dry firing. Fast forward a couple months, I decided to try it in a match and I was sold. These darn guns can SHOOT!

I may rubber talon the back side of the grip. My buddy also said the same thing, extended sessions bother his hand

Whats everyones thoughts on that plastic buffer that is on the guide rod? Not only is it on the guide rod, there is a package of extra ones which seems to imply this thing is going to need repeated replacing. Is it ok to get rid of this buffer altogether?

I decided to keep it in for now but I don't have a good reason. I inspect it every time I lube the gun. More likely than not I will ditch it at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I decided to keep it in for now but I don't have a good reason. I inspect it every time I lube the gun. More likely than not I will ditch it at some point.
    Same here but Im not having good thoughts on any "part" that they know is going to fall apart in the gun to the extent they provided extras

My practice gun with over 20k through still has the original buffer. It's a little worn out but still fine. Stoeger pro shop sells those buffers in case you need to replace it.

I used shock buffs happily in my Shadow 1. Made me feel better about the 10lb spring and I just replaced them. The thick ones I used I replaced when I replaced the spring at around 4000 rounds.

Havent looked at the Shadow 2 ones to see if they last the same.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

CZ Shadow 2 owners..Still Love it?

Why take out the Shock Buff? What advantage would that provide? Personally I prefer as light a recoil spring as possible. If it closes the slide it’s good to go.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 12-28-2017 at 02:42 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Why take out the Shock Buff? What advantage would that provide? Personally I prefer as light a recoil spring as possible. If it closes the slide it’s good to go.
    I dont like the idea of a consumable part being in the gun. Eventually it will wear, break and cause a malfunction. To me that makes the gun undependable

User Tag List