Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: CZ Shadow 2 owners..Still Love it?

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Slide locked back on half-full mag. Never happened before.
    Pretty sure you pushed the slide release up with your left hand.
    Last edited by cheby; 01-21-2018 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    The Black Beast needed to warm up too...

I am still frozen. It was brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    Pretty sure you pushed the slide release up with your left hand.
    I think so too, although that was a 140 mag with a Grams follower, who knows if that didn't cause it.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Is there a difference between the $1,100.00 ones ca the $1,450.00 ones? They seem to have the same sku #.

Profit margin of the vendor? Also for some reason they charge more for the non-polycoated black guns.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Profit margin of the vendor? Also for some reason they charge more for the non-polycoated black guns.
    I wonder if the polycoat isn’t cheaper to apply?

I’m very interested in one or two of these myself. I’ve got experience with P07s and Sig P226s, but I’m not really a DA/SA guy. With a nice trigger/spring job, will I be satisfied with one of these over say a Glock 34? I’m relatively new to pistol sports and would like to run production USPSA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G34 is an extremely capable gun and with some investment in trigger work and recoilogy you will have a gun that will support you to the highest levels of USPSA. Shadow 2 will give you even better trigger and roughly 40% extra mass, at roughly 40% extra $$ investment but you will have to be pulling DA on first shots and get reacquainted with DA/SA stuff. Preference of one over another is a personal and subjective thing. I think Shadow 2 is more forgiving, there seems to be a fairly strong trend to all steel gun dominance https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....uipment-survey so I think that you will be slightly more happy with the Shadow. But you shouldn't be unhappy with a 34.

I’ll be starting over having sold the G34. It was a 4th Gen and had a weird recoil impulse and needed a bit more trigger work. I didn’t shoot it that well, honestly. It’s been years since I trained on DA/SA. Cost is probably the only reason I haven’t jumped head first into the CZ.

If I go back to a 34, I will do a Gen 3 Blue Label and tune up the trigger and throw on a set of Dawson’s, and perhaps get rid of the extended slide stop.

If the CZ is worth the training and investment I may shoot a G19 or G17 for the year and save.

I don't think so--all the Shadow 2's are nitrided under the polecat.

For me, the Shadow 2 gives me around a 10% advantage over a G34 on most drills, and more than that on tough shots. The biggest difference for me was the weight, not the DA pull. I like it a lot, and wouldn't go back to a G34 or a Sig p320. I'm also finding the mag release to be not as ergonomic as on my p320, and that's required quite a bit of work to make my reloads fast and reliable again.

Quote Originally Posted by shiv View Post
    I wonder if the polycoat isn’t cheaper to apply?

I’m very interested in one or two of these myself. I’ve got experience with P07s and Sig P226s, but I’m not really a DA/SA guy. With a nice trigger/spring job, will I be satisfied with one of these over say a Glock 34? I’m relatively new to pistol sports and would like to run production USPSA.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by shiv View Post

If the CZ is worth the training and investment I may shoot a G19 or G17 for the year and save.

Shoot 17 for a year and see how much it holds you back, how much you like the game, how far you wanna go. I shot USPSA with a freaking LEM for years, G17 is an upgrade from that in a gaming sense.

User Tag List