Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: CZ Shadow 2 owners..Still Love it?

finally ordered mine tonight , I can't wait. The friend that let me shoot his shadow has a gen 3 G34 with a vortex venom on it.
    He shoots his VP9 better, and the Shadow is in another class all together. He also got his hands on a Wilson Combat Beretta that is pretty
    amazing as well. (he's a great friend to have .....lots of toys ) After shooting the Shadow and the beretta, we both came to the conclusion that
    tupperware gunsa are much better suited to Conceal carry, and all metal are better suited for competition shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    For me, the Shadow 2 gives me around a 10% advantage over a G34 on most drills, and more than that on tough shots. The biggest difference for me was the weight, not the DA pull. I like it a lot, and wouldn't go back to a G34 or a Sig p320. I'm also finding the mag release to be not as ergonomic as on my p320, and that's required quite a bit of work to make my reloads fast and reliable again.
    Interesting that you're having to adjust to that big ole' mag release button. I find it a welcome feature for my shortish thumbs.

CZ Shadow 2 owners..Still Love it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Interesting that you're having to adjust to that big ole' mag release button. I find it a welcome feature for my shortish thumbs.
    I know, right? But the Springer extended mag release on the 320 let me consistently clock sub-second reloads (= M card!) without altering my grip. The CZs release is good, but stiff. I have to ‘flip’ the gun and move my strong hand fingers a bit to achieve a reliable reload. Still pushing times down toward 1.0s, and occasionally get failures to eject the mag.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 01-23-2018 at 11:21 AM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I handled one for the first time today and fell in love. The aggressive checkering/texture on the whole grip was perfect, the new serrations on the slide were awesome, and the trigger was even solid out of the box. If they made a decocker only version with a slightly smaller mag release I'd be all over it. I wouldn't mind it as a game gun if I was still doing that. Even the factory sights were solid. It's been a while since I've picked up a gun and didn't want to change much of anything on it. Aside from a decocker model I think it is turn key! I was surprised since I've shot/owned/played with several cz's in the past but this is different/better enough for me to take notice.

If you haven't handled one or are on the fence, you owe it to yourself to do so. It's impressive!
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

The George AIWB showed up today...lolz. Excited to push the #gamerfag status to new levels with this rig in the local pistol matches!

Attachment 24011
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    The George AIWB showed up today...lolz. Excited to push the #gamerfag status to new levels with this rig in the local pistol matches!

Attachment 24011
    Your inner-timmy is still too strong... You gotta work on it

That is a lot of junk in your trunk...
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List