Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ Shadow 2 owners..Still Love it?

CZ Shadow 2 owners..Still Love it?

I've shot one of these now twice (a friend owns one) and decided to order one. I couldn't believe how accurate
    I was with this thing right off the bat. It usually takes me a bit to warm up to a gun ,but this thing had my name all over it.
    Any concerns , problems , issues I need to know about these or am I on my way to shooters happiness
    makes my M&P performance center 9L (which I love) feel like a toy. I think I am over plastic guns

Yes. After two light strikes in first 100 rounds I am now at modest 2200 without any problems. Regular dry fire etc, no parts or springs breakages. Completely took the equipment out of equation and left me dealing with my problems, not the gun's problems. I couldn't use as low of a front sight as I wanted to, ran out of elevation adjustment on the rear but that's about it. In all likelihood, unless I decided to go CO, I will probably getting a second one.

CZ Shadow 2 owners..Still Love it?

My Shadow 2s are the best guns I’ve ever owned. With a few aftermarket springs and extended FP, I have a 6# / 2.25# smooth, crisp trigger that will pop .223 military primers.

I’ve got nearly 10k rounds between the two identical guns. No issues that can’t be blamed on bad reloads.

Thanks @cheby for turning me on to this gun.
    @YVK what’s up with your sights? Mine are in the middle of the elevation range and are on at 25 yds with 125gr 130 PF loads.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 12-22-2017 at 12:27 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

They are without a doubt the most popular choice in IPSC production. The majority of the top guys are running them.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    They are without a doubt the most popular choice in IPSC production. The majority of the top guys are running them.
    A way better built Tanfoglio.

I just got one last weekend. Put a hundred rounds through it so far. Initial impressions - I like it a lot. love the weight and feel. Im not crazy over the sights so far, may wind up changing them to something else in the future. Overall a fine gun

Name:  25351994_10213088556602104_4393807627638274229_o.jpg
Views: 2620
Size:  100.6 KB

Name:  25398029_10213095343131763_776148375068165177_o.jpg
Views: 2545
Size:  32.0 KB
    Last edited by PhillySoldier; 12-22-2017 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    A way better built Tanfoglio.

Its like a Tanfo. But reliable. With a decent trigger
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

The Shadow 2 frame fits my smedium hands much better than Tanfos or earlier CZs.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

My practice shadow 2 is 22K rounds right now plus daily dry fire. I have not had any single malfunctions so far. I do not think I have ever had any gun that reliable before. The only things I replaced so far are recoil springs (Every 3-4K) and TRS (Once - I replaced it 8K rounds ago just because I wanted to try the CGW reduced power one). I clean it every 3-4K rds. It's filthy but it keeps on running.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

@YVK what’s up with your sights? Mine are in the middle of the elevation range and are on at 25 yds with 125gr 130 PF loads.
    I grew to like shorter front sights, like .140-.160. When I tried to go that low on Shadow 2, I bottomed out on rear sight.

User Tag List