Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M&P/M&P 2.0 Compact duty holster ?

M&P/M&P 2.0 Compact duty holster ?

Will the M&P 2.0 Compact fit into a standard M&P duty holster, specifically the Safariland products?
    Last edited by jlw; 12-19-2017 at 06:42 PM.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Will the M&P 2.0 Compact fit into a standard M&P duty holster, specifically the Safariland products?
    My understanding is that yes they well but not properly. The ALS will not fully secure the gun if I'm not mistaken. I checked the website and they are making 2.0 ALS holsters but not for variants with thumb safties.

This is all second hand info from me so hopefully someone with actual experience can help you.

I've been carrying a full size 2.0 with TLR in an older 6360 for almost a year. I just put a TLR on my 2.0 Compact and tried it in the 6360; it fit and locked in just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    Mine works in my 6360, too, Chief.

You coming to the American side?

civiliandefender.com

I ask because my M&P45 midsize would not fit in my duty holsters for the full size. They were thicker at the muzzle end.
    @Sherman A. House DDS, Smyrna, GA, is more America than Massachusetts.

----

A local cop shop took in a bunch of M&Ps and duty gear in trade. The duty rigs were all on that drop leg with the shroud, and they had the QLS forks. They sold the rigs at a crazy low price as in cheaper than a complete set of QLS forks and receiver would cost alone.
    Last edited by jlw; 12-19-2017 at 08:59 PM.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Site Supporter
    I guess I was wrong. Thankfully so!

Has anyone tried a 2.0 with a TS in an ALS?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Has anyone tried a 2.0 with a TS in an ALS?
    Yes, just did. Using a 7TS with the ALS lever, a full size 2.0 fits in it just fine. Unlike the 6000 series ALS holsters I tried, the 7TS ALS mechanism does not knock the thumb safety off.

I just pick up a 6360 for a Gen 1 M&P , my 2.0 full size fits just fine. Its a used one I picked up really cheap for $30 on ebay. Looks NIB.

Not a duty booster, but my 2.0 Compact (and a friend's full size 2.0) seem to work fine in the 6378 I used with my old 1.0 M&P.

Update...I got Safariland duty holsters (4 of them) for an article. I got the 6390 (ALS level 1) the 6280 (SLS level 2) the 6360 (ALS/SLS Level 3) and the 7TS (ALS/SLS Level 3) and they all work with a M&P 2.0 and the 2.0 Compact. Even with a tremendous amount of tugging, they aren’t moving. They DO lock in tighter on the reholster than the 1.0 though.

civiliandefender.com

User Tag List