Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Uncle Scotty's second book - coming "soon"

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    We should just start a thread on epic cop parties. I know I have a few great (horrible?) memories.
    I doubt the ones here from back in the day would make it into a family friendly forum like this one.

Lots of debauchery.......the ones that were foolish enough to bring their spouse of the week usually regretted it. I never went to them but these fools here were stupid enough to document said events with old Polaroid cameras and such.

It wasn't really a party until a fist fight over someone's wife passing out Christmas "treats" in a back bathroom stall got going. Alcohol, blood, tinsel, punch, cake, fractured orbital sockets........

God bless them, everyone!

Honestly, I don't have any epic cop christmas party stories. Haven't been to enough of them.

The vast majority of my epic cop stories occurred in Washington DC and surrounding areas during Police Week. Christmas parties at my old place were fairly tame.

Shenanigans amongst a bunch of off duty cops? You fellas must be making this stuff up.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

I went to exactly 1 Christmas Party. Nothing but potential for bad. Also the reason I didn’t drink. A huge benefit was every night when the boys were knocking down booze after work, my partner and I were in the range shooting Up their allotted training Ammo.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Women and whiskey have been the downfall of many cops. I’ve seen the aftermath of some incredibly stupid stuff. Conventions, Christmas parties, bar hopping......what could possibly go wrong?

Looking forward to the next book!
    Last edited by LSP552; 12-20-2017 at 10:23 PM.

There were a few parties that went mobile and involved .38s and stop lights.

Put it this way. When I went to the academy the firearms instructor looked at me and said my agency’s name, then told me that he was all out of the stop light shaped targets and I would have to make do with the same B27 as everyone else. This was at least 10 years after the fact and well before my time.

The eagle statue on top of the courthouse had to be refinished once. It had been the victim of some party/target practice as well.

ETA: I have the first book. It has been a great reference for me!
    Last edited by KPD; 12-21-2017 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Added I like the first book.

I like the book... I had it until it sorta burned up... Ordered a new one tonight. I'm looking forward to the second book and some training with ITTS in 2018.

As for parties... NOPE. I didn't even go to my own patrol off-training party. The off-training party for custody was bad enough that I realized I valued my marriage and job a bit too much. I'm sure part of it is my anti-social nature, but nothing that has been stated in this thread has surprised or even impressed me as being extra unusual for stories I've heard.

I ordered the Kindle version and look forward to having some time to read it next days off. As far as parties, I got that mostly out of my system in LE college. Imagine cosmetology students, gunsmithing students and LE students at age 18 with copious amounts of alcohol in days-long long parties. The "gun closet" where everyone dropped their queta's rivaled the inventory of a well stocked gun store at times.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    Is it "soon" yet?

User Tag List