Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Big Win for 9mm Gold Dot

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The Remington 155's were screamers. I'm convinced they were an unacknowledged "+P" .40 round. The HK's held up to it well but it was hard on the Beretta 96D Brigadiers.

For some reason they came in 25 round boxes. I recently pulled a few boxes out and fired them in mu USPC. My hands were sore. I don't know how I fired thousands of rounds of that stuff- of course that may be exactly why my hands are sore now .........
    Shooting a hot .40 (155 gr.@ 1250 fps) out of a pistol basically designed for 9mm is certainly not a very good idea. I like terminal ballistics of .40 when it's not watered down and if fired out of a pistol designed for .40; otherwise it might as well be a 9mm.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    The HK's held up to it well but it was hard on the Beretta 96D Brigadiers.
    Based on the experience of one of our neighboring departments, ALL .40 loads were tough on the 96D. They broke them. A lot.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Based on the experience of one of our neighboring departments, ALL .40 loads were tough on the 96D. They broke them. A lot.
    The first time INS / USBP tested .40 cal pistols none passed. The Brigadier slide was supposedly developed to pass the next round of testing. Second time around the 96D brigadier and the SIG P229 DAO passed with the 96D gettimg the contract via some shenanigans which saw the head of the INS FTU get prosecuted.

The Berettas were reliable but not durable in .40. I personally broke three of them within a few years.

Our current P229s have held up well but the HKs seemed to be the most durable.

Our current P229s have held up well but the HKs seemed to be the most durable.
    HK .40 pistols were designed specifically for .40 so they should be durable.

Quote Originally Posted by QED View Post
    The P2000 has been a sturdy gun. The only regularly broken part seems to be the trigger spring. And the occasional broken hammer strut.

High round count guns will eventually break at the slide journal for the recoil spring.

Otherwise the only other things that seem to do the P2000 in is mishaps and abuse. Frames and trigger guards broken from spills, falls, ATV accidents etc. And broken frames from being careless with the right side slide release.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 12-21-2017 at 09:47 AM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QED View Post
    As was the P229.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    As was the P229.
    P229 should also be durable in .40, unlike earlier Berettas, Glocks, etc.

The Remington 155's were screamers. I'm convinced they were an unacknowledged "+P" .40 round. The HK's held up to it well but it was hard on the Beretta 96D Brigadiers.
    Since we slaved off the DHS contract, that 155 grain screamer is still our issued and mandated duty load. There's a reason why I only qualify with and carry personally owned 9mms.

If we would have adopted a more "updated" ammo, maybe in 180gr, I might have stuck with what's issued, and easy to get...

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Since we slaved off the DHS contract, that 155 grain screamer is still our issued and mandated duty load. There's a reason why I only qualify with and carry personally owned 9mms.

If we would have adopted a more "updated" ammo, maybe in 180gr, I might have stuck with what's issued, and easy to get...
    The 155 gr. DHS rounds have an Internet reputation of being fairly effective (though hard on wrists and guns). Is that your agency's experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    The 155 gr. DHS rounds have an Internet reputation of being fairly effective (though hard on wrists and guns). Is that your agency's experience?
    In our EXTREMELY limited uses of this ammo in the real world, it has performed as well as could be hoped for handgun ammo.

User Tag List