Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Pistol-Forum.com CCW Survey

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    How’s that worked out?

Would you say it’s a rig you could slip on walking out the door?
    Yes, biggest nuisance is tucking the full tail of a dress shirt, maybe secondarily dealing with a 1.25” dress belt.

12 round ETS G43 mag is slim, gives more capacity and hasn’t givent me trouble - yet.

Not as comforting as the G19 + spare 21 round magpul magazine....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Absolutely true. That is what makes gun-free zones evil: legally mandating people to be unarmed victims in places they must spend time.
    Exactly, gun free zones are "victim fields" as far as I am concerned. If you willingly enter one without a firearm you are volunteering to be a victim, especially so if you carry all the time otherwise.

Furthermore, show me a time where a person used a firearm they were "illegally" carrying inside a "gun free zone" and were charged during a good shoot or active killer type situation.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Exactly, gun free zones are "victim fields" as far as I am concerned. If you willingly enter one without a firearm you are volunteering to be a victim, especially so if you carry all the time otherwise.

Furthermore, show me a time where a person used a firearm they were "illegally" carrying inside a "gun free zone" and were charged during a good shoot or active killer type situation.
    You get it!!!!!

I do agree with you and I sometimes knowingly make the choice because there are some things I want to see or do and some experiences I value highly enough to take the risk. A few weeks ago, I visited the 9/11 Memorial and Museum in NYC. While you can just walk off the sidewalk and go to the memorial, the museum has a strict "no weapons of any kind" policy that they enforce with walk-through metal detectors and x-rays for bags/purses/pocket contents. Some lucky winners had to go through the airport style stand up scanners. There's no getting a gun through. I chose to check my gun/knife/pepper spray at a nearby police station because I valued the experience of going to that museum.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    There's no getting a gun through. I chose to check my gun/knife/pepper spray at a nearby police station because I valued the experience of going to that museum.
    Wait... how were you legally walking around NYC with that stuff in the first place?
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Wait... how were you legally walking around NYC with that stuff in the first place?
    Isn't he a cop?

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I do agree with you and I sometimes knowingly make the choice because there are some things I want to see or do and some experiences I value highly enough to take the risk. A few weeks ago, I visited the 9/11 Memorial and Museum in NYC. While you can just walk off the sidewalk and go to the memorial, the museum has a strict "no weapons of any kind" policy that they enforce with walk-through metal detectors and x-rays for bags/purses/pocket contents. Some lucky winners had to go through the airport style stand up scanners. There's no getting a gun through. I chose to check my gun/knife/pepper spray at a nearby police station because I valued the experience of going to that museum.
    I get the "valuable experience" thing, I really do and I understand why it is appealing.

I have had this very conversation with my wife on several occasions, the only way to be safe is not to be sorry. At no time will I ever place myself or my family in a position where there may be a threat and I have to depend on others to save them, this is 100% true when I am with them and mostly true when my family is out and about without me. I do not care what I miss in terms of "experiences" or whatever. You will 100% miss all the experiences if you are dead, dying or worse.

My families safety is far more valuable to me than any experience. There are plenty of experiences which can be had while armed, no one experience is "worth it" to me to be unarmed. I have turned around and walked away from places with my family because of this, it does not matter to me what their policies are, I have my own policies which I take seriously.

I do not expect everyone to share my stance on this topic.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

There is no reason I need to change my carry gun because my attire changes. They threat does not change.
    Much wisdom here.

Site Supporter
    That's a tough one, given that most people don't carry all the time, even with a license. Then, the active killer situation is rare. Then, folks pay attention to the signs and don't care. So to get a test case will take a complex set of events.

About volunteering to be a victim, many of us worked in NPE locales. Being 'outed' so to speak meant losing a career that took a long time to achieve and with little chance of easily replacing it with another position. There is big difference between being told to leave a store and getting a misdemeanor charge if you don't versus losing a well paid job that took many years of education and then time in place for promotion, salary and position.

My solution is that location bans are unconstitutional and that private property rights do not trump carry rights. That is unpopular with the crowd that views their business as a castle but that's another debate.

As far as carry, I have no problem with a Glock 26 or 19 on a OWB left hip, with the right choice of clothing, even in TX inferno heat. AIWB is not for me, YMMV. I've mentioned I don't like anything that necessitates a two handed method as primary to draw. With my shoulder totally screwed up now, it is particular obvious to me that it doesn't work for me. I don't need a spasm of pain when would I clear the the garment with my nondominant hand.

2017 Pistol-Forum.com CCW Survey

Here’s what I like: practicing and seeing measurable results. I want to be as safe, accurate, and fast as possible with my carry gun. (And hope I never have to use it off the range.)

For me, using multiple types of guns requires more practice, and some compromises. But there are times when I need a smaller CCW, so a G43 and LCP are part of my toolkit. As I wrote earlier, my main carry guns—the G19s—have been replaced by P-07s because they are more similar to my competition guns.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 12-22-2017 at 12:11 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List