Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Trigger Job in a Bag, PX4 & 92 Series

Quote Originally Posted by twrol View Post
    So I am, in fact, a dummy.

I have a have a PX4 Compact and the competition trigger group from Beretta that I bought without knowing about your trigger group in a bag (or the compact carry for that matter).

I am going to be ordering a few things from LTT shorty so i wanted to ask about your trigger bar before placing the order.

After researching I see your trigger job in a bag comes with a trigger bar, so I wanted to know what specifically was different from the factory trigger bar (i.e. polished, over travel stops, etc.) and are they available to be purchased separately?
    Both Wilson and LTT trigger bars produce a longer hammer arc in DA and make the point in trigger travel where the shot fires nearly identical in DA and SA. In addition the LTT bar reduces reset distance.
    Last edited by CraigS; 01-07-2020 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    Both Wilson and LTT trigger bars produce a longer hammer arc in DA and make the point in trigger travel where the shot fires nearly identical in DA and SA. In addition the LTT bar reduces reset distance.
    Thanks for the info.

I was also able to put some more time in to scouring this thread and I did what I should have done in the first place and emailed Ernest and he wrote back with some good info on where beretta’s parts leave off and where they fill in the blanks and more.

In my defense I am just working my way back to beretta from CZ thanks to all the exciting stuff people like home are doing with these pistols now, but his kit is well worth it.

Site Supporter
    I am A1 sold on the TJIB on the 92's. My M9 ran around 8lb DA and 4.5 SA with a 14# hammer spring @ 5500 rounds. After a little over 3000 rounds on the TJIB, it's closer to 6.25 and 3.25lb. It took a bit to get the feel of it, and my 92 compact is running a little over 7lb DA, and 4lb SA right now with 14# hammer spring and the steel trigger I put in it today (don't know if that makes an effective difference, but the feel is much better). But the thing feels... sticky? Just not as smooth operating. TJIB should get here tomorrow for it.

I got the Beretta comp trigger for my PX4. It's the most recent addition, and hasn't seen many rounds. I'd be curious as to just how much more difference it would make. When I put the trigger group in, I had to take it back apart to swap out to the hammer spring that was in the gun when I got it. I believe it's 11 or 12 lb. It is running 7.5ish lbs DA and 3.5 SA, and feels pretty good for what the gun is.

I'd almost be curious what more would change.

Quote Originally Posted by twrol View Post
    So I am, in fact, a dummy.

I have a have a PX4 Compact and the competition trigger group from Beretta that I bought without knowing about your trigger group in a bag (or the compact carry for that matter).

I am going to be ordering a few things from LTT shorty so i wanted to ask about your trigger bar before placing the order.

After researching I see your trigger job in a bag comes with a trigger bar, so I wanted to know what specifically was different from the factory trigger bar (i.e. polished, over travel stops, etc.) and are they available to be purchased separately?
    The PX4 trigger bar, is a factory trigger bar, that is polished at the sear release, as well as around the pivot point. Not sure if he sells it separately, as my initial TJIAB for the PX4, included the bars for the .45 which were longer. I used them as an example and polished my own bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    The bars, the poster above is talking about, are only for the 92.

Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
    I am A1 sold on the TJIB on the 92's. My M9 ran around 8lb DA and 4.5 SA with a 14# hammer spring @ 5500 rounds. After a little over 3000 rounds on the TJIB, it's closer to 6.25 and 3.25lb. It took a bit to get the feel of it, and my 92 compact is running a little over 7lb DA, and 4lb SA right now with 14# hammer spring and the steel trigger I put in it today (don't know if that makes an effective difference, but the feel is much better). But the thing feels... sticky? Just not as smooth operating. TJIB should get here tomorrow for it.

I got the Beretta comp trigger for my PX4. It's the most recent addition, and hasn't seen many rounds. I'd be curious as to just how much more difference it would make. When I put the trigger group in, I had to take it back apart to swap out to the hammer spring that was in the gun when I got it. I believe it's 11 or 12 lb. It is running 7.5ish lbs DA and 3.5 SA, and feels pretty good for what the gun is.

I'd almost be curious what more would change.
    Not much IMHE. What you would get is the components you have,with a different finish, with the polish in the right places, for smoothness. Your trigger, if your happy with it, sounds good enough, that I think the money to go from where you are, to a TJIAB for it, would be better spent on ammo, or a LTT class (or class by person of your choice)
    The spring is all about trigger weight. Learning to polish the factory spots, or getting the ctg or a TJIAB, is all about degree's, verses cost in payback.

User Tag List