Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Trigger Job in a Bag, PX4 & 92 Series

Just installed my second TJIAB with 14 lb mainspring into a M9A3. The stock trigger improved from 9/4 lbs to 8/3.2 lbs. Reset was also significantly shortened - probably a 30-50% reduction. Install this time only took about 30 min.

I put another on order for my 92A1 that is still at Wilson for some frame work. I decided to use the TJIAB rather than have Wilson perform the action tune...that should tell you how good this product is.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

100 rounds of 147 grain FAE through the M9A3 with a TJIAB + 14lb mainspring. No ignition issues or other issues. I now have 250 trouble-free rounds of 147 grain AE through 2 different guns having 14lb mainsprings. I’ll let you guys know if I get any light strikes. I figure 14lbs is the absolute lower limit for a carry gun.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    100 rounds of 147 grain FAE through the M9A3 with a TJIAB + 14lb mainspring. No ignition issues or other issues. I now have 250 trouble-free rounds of 147 grain AE through 2 different guns having 14lb mainsprings. I’ll let you guys know if I get any light strikes. I figure 14lbs is the absolute lower limit for a carry gun.
    14 lbs was where I started after going to the Wilson/Langdon triggerbar (going from a 16 lb OEM in my 92D), but I'm now comfortable with 13 lbs-after testing with a broad spectrum of carry ammunition. Using the Wilson/Langdon triggerbar is the absolutely critical part of the lower-powered mainspring equation, as it allows the hammer to go further back than in the OEM Beretta triggerbar, imparting more energy on the firing pin. It's also more thorough hardened, which is a Better Thing.

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 04-09-2018 at 07:06 AM.

Just dropped one into my M9a1 with no issues, took me 25 minutes start to finish. First time ever taking down a Beretta, stupid simple once you get going. Trigger is amazing, paired with his grips and a short reach trigger this gun feels like it was made for my hand.

I got two kits in yesterday. I need to figure out which guns I'm going to put them in. Need to order several more I think.
    | 92 Centennial x 2 | 92-Stock Competition | 92 Combat x 2 |
    | 92 Brigadier Tactical | 92G-SD | 92 Elite II in 9mm, 9x21 and 357SIG |
    | CZ SP01 Shadow | CZ P-01 in ODG | CZ-97 | Walther P5 |
    | SIG/SAN 553R | SIG/SAN 553-Diopter | SIG/SAN 551-2 SP SWAT |

Question about the trigger bar. Does the trigger bar come out to the right (like if you push it flush it will come out a little to the right) during the trigger pull? Mine does it and I’m making sure that gap between the trigger bar and frame is intended

Any input on how this kit would compare in a WC BrigTac versus having Wilson perform their action tune on it? Getting ready to order one, and I obviously would like to have to best trigger in it I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by emoore82 View Post
    Any input on how this kit would compare in a WC BrigTac versus having Wilson perform their action tune on it? Getting ready to order one, and I obviously would like to have to best trigger in it I can get.
    Skip Wilson’s Action Tune and just drop one of these kits in it when you get it. Go for the 13# spring.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Question about the trigger bar. Does the trigger bar come out to the right (like if you push it flush it will come out a little to the right) during the trigger pull? Mine does it and I’m making sure that gap between the trigger bar and frame is intended
    There’s slight play in all of mine and they all do the same thing you describe. Normal.
    Shoot more, post less...

Hammertime

Trigger Job in a Bag, PX4 & 92 Series

Just to report. I did the TJIB on my WC Centurion Tactical. I used the 13# spring.

So far I have had 5 primers fail to ignite in 500 rounds. 1 PPU NATO and 4 S&B 124 FMJ. Most on the DA pull but I didn’t keep careful track of it.

Here is some fired brass from today. The center line that does not have as deep an inprint are from the Cent Tac. The others are either a Brig Tac, or Langdon M9 and both these have D springs I think. These rounds all fired but I think I am more comfortable with the harder hit.

I want back to the sadly unpolished D spring that came with the gun, and I don’t expect any further issues.

With the 13# spring, trigger pulls were 6/3#, with the D spring it goes to 6.5/3.25#.
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 05-07-2018 at 10:48 PM.

User Tag List