Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Trigger Job in a Bag, PX4 & 92 Series

Trigger Job in a Bag, PX4 & 92 Series

So I did this years ago and I am thinking of doing it again.

After several thousand trigger jobs on Beretta 92s and now about 300 on PX4s, I have the process down to a formula. I now think I can offer a "Trigger Job in a Bag" as a part. The idea is you can buy all the parts pre-polished and stoned to give you close to the same trigger job you would get if you sent it to me. You would get new parts that I did the work to, drop them into your gun and you are off to the races so to speak.

Advantages:
    1. No shipping charges to get your gun to me and home from me. That is at least a $70 savings.
    2. You get to keep all your stock parts as backups or return your gun to stock if you want.

Disadvantages:
    1. You have to disassemble and reassemble your own gun.
    2. It's going to be very close to my work, but I am not there to check it and go back into the gun if it is not quite up to snuff.

Cost for the "trigger job in a bag" should be about $140 or so all in, or at least that's what I think as of now. It would include the Competition Trigger group, 12# hammer spring and an SD Trigger Bar in the case of the PX4. On a 92 it would include the Wilson Trigger bar, Elite II hammer, Sear, Sear Spring, Trigger Spring, Hammer Strut, and Hammer Spring (likely will have different options on hammer springs).

I would also have to figure out how to upgrade to Spurless Hammers or Wilson Ultimate Hammers.

What do you guys think? Would anyone be interested in this as an option?
    Last edited by LangdonTactical; 12-19-2017 at 01:48 PM.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

I'd be interested

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I would be interested, but I would also be willing to pay to have it sent to you to make sure it was done right.

Count me in if you decide to offer it.

If you were to offer that I would be very likely to purchase at least one, if not several.

I'd be interested!

Site Supporter
    I would be in for a few.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I don't own a Px4... but you keep getting me closer and closer to changing that!

Yes, please keep us informed on this. This a great idea. Especially for my 92 Compact
    Last edited by Arbninftry; 12-19-2017 at 03:03 PM.

I think it's a great idea. My two suggestions regarding the 92 options would be 1) to make them al la carte, as 92D owners (admittedly probably a minuscule minority) don't need the sear or sear spring.; and 2) I'd recommend adding either/both the Wilson chrome silicone trigger return spring and/or the Wolff TCU (in varying weights)-simply because I suspect that users of your upgrades are going to zip past the 5K trigger return spring replacement interval recommended by Beretta pretty quickly, and the other trigger return spring alternatives are much more durable.

Best, Jon

User Tag List