Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Trigger Job in a Bag, PX4 & 92 Series

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic_RT View Post
    Is it possible to get a list/ chart of the DA/SA weights post install for the different spring weights offered on the site? Would be super helpful to the less knowledgable such as myself.
    Try this thread, might be a good start.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....rison-Analysis

Thanks
    Just a father trying to protect his family.

Im used to Glock triggers around the 4-4.5lb mark. The 12# kit seems pretty comparative to what im used to.
    Just a father trying to protect his family.

Hammertime
    I finally installed the trigger in a bag in a new, non action tuned Centurion Tactical.

It was a fun, relatively easy project following Ernest’s YouTube video. The only consternation was on trigger return spring and sear spring orientation which was a little unclear.

I used the 13# spring. Compared to the stock D spring, DA dropped 1/2 lb as did SA. I measure it now at 6.0/3.0

The DA pull is incredibly smooth and non gritty compared to other 92 models I have, including one that has over 2000 rounds through the stock trigger.

Happily, I did not have to stone the trigger bar. It worked without any modification.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Finally had the chance to install my TIAB on my Brig Tac.

Highly recommended. Did encounter a hammer-follow issue because I put the sear spring in backwards, but I sorted that out easily enough. Strangely EL's trigger work seems to be superior to mine. Funny how that works out.
    3/15/2016

I installed my second one today. First one went in an Inox Brigadier, this one went in an Inox Vertec. The original Vertec hammer strut, the one that came with the gun, was out of spec and Wilson springs would not fit around it at all. I think that old hammer strut also contributed to the gun just having a rather substandard DA pull overall as well. Now, with Langdons trigger kit (14# spring on this one), it's awesome, doesn't stack, no issues at all.

Now that I've done two of these, the first one took half an hour, this one dropped in in about 15 minutes. Odds are I'm doing at least two more of my 92's as time passes. These kits are well worth it for someone like me who has the wrenching skills to change the parts, but maybe doesn't want to take the time to learn and practice all the ins and outs of a full trigger job
    Last edited by Jared; 03-04-2018 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Strangely EL's trigger work seems to be superior to mine. Funny how that works out.
    I am using his as a basis for learning how to do a trigger job. My understanding has always been in the military, they teach and expect you to be able to strip and reassemble your weapon (declared 4F when I tried to enlist years ago). I have always thought the more I know how to do myself, the greater chance I have of knowing limitations and possible ways around them.
    His go in the carry gun and the other caliber carry gun.
    I don't expect to be as good as he is, but he certainly gives me a good goal to aim for.

I installed two TIB (12#) in a 92 and a 92A1 yesterday and they went together with no problems!! Im so very impressed with the work that Ernest puts into them. I also think they should cost ~ $300 bucks NOT $165.... @LangdonTactical .... I was doing a private lesson for a couple and they had a PPS M2 they did shoot the gun well but when I had them shoot the 92 with the TIB They were flat amazed and will be buying a 92 and sending it to Langdon.. that's what I call a Great day!!!
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Name:  C2A4F6DC-E7CE-4145-BD80-3A40621A61C1.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  105.4 KB

This started as a plain jane 92FS purchased in the late ‘90s ($550). It was used in the weeks before deployments to get me comfortable with DA/SA tiggers (most of my EDC back then was either Glock or 1911). I never used it for EDC because it lacked night sights, so it had maybe 2,000 rounds down the pipe before the transformation.

It came with a steel guide rod and metal trigger; no need to change those out. The first step was to buy a Vertec slide ($150 on sale) and Ameriglo HD’s ($100). I then added factory G de-cocking lever ($50). Next came the LT trigger job in a bag ($160) with a 14lb mainspring option, Wilson extended magazine release ($25), and Wilson black cherry ultra thin grip ($85). Total cost: $1070 +/-.

The parts install took about 90 min. I used Mr. Langdon’s video and a couple of others to get me through it. I had to hit pause more than a few times around the time of the sear and sear spring install.

The trigger went from 10/4 with a D spring to 7.5 / 2.8 with the TJIAB and 14 lb mainspring. The reset also seems to have shortened by 30% or so. Now, I’ll test fire with factory ammo and start looking for an holster for carry if all goes well.
    Last edited by Sensei; 03-12-2018 at 09:40 AM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Px4 Trigger Job in Bag sans Hammer?

@LangdonTactical

Any chance of a Trigger Job in a Bag option minus the hammer? I have a Px4 SC that I’ve replaced the stock hammer with your spurless so no need to waste a hammer. Thanks

User Tag List