Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Inertia loading the M9A3, and a rear height sight question.

Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    Since this comes with a threaded barrel, are the sights high enough to clear a suppressor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Nope, you just need to shoot through the can

The trigger is better and its not because of the 'D' spring. Beretta spec'ed a better quality sear and hammer, no matter what any official stance is. Likely EDM.
    | 92 Centennial x 2 | 92-Stock Competition | 92 Combat x 2 |
    | 92 Brigadier Tactical | 92G-SD | 92 Elite II in 9mm, 9x21 and 357SIG |
    | CZ SP01 Shadow | CZ P-01 in ODG | CZ-97 | Walther P5 |
    | SIG/SAN 553R | SIG/SAN 553-Diopter | SIG/SAN 551-2 SP SWAT |

I never understood the fight against the auto forward. Most of my handguns do it, and you can do it with any handgun if you hit it hard enough. It just helps me out and cuts down on time. I've never had an issue with it not picking up a round. It always went bang.

Quote Originally Posted by navyman8903 View Post
    It just helps me out and cuts down on time.
    Is it faster? I'm not aware of any high level competitor who auto forwards as a practice.

Ken Hackathorn demonstrated that you can get almost anything to auto forward, particularly plastic frames, if you insert the mag at a slight angle and slam it in hard enough.

I have a lot of time with the Beretta M9/92 and none of them auto forwarded and I'm not shy about magazine insertion. I had a HK P30 that did do it, most of the time. After experimentation I discovered that it would with almost certainty do it with at least 8 rounds in the mag.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Is it faster? I'm not aware of any high level competitor who auto forwards as a practice.

Ken Hackathorn demonstrated that you can get almost anything to auto forward, particularly plastic frames, if you insert the mag at a slight angle and slam it in hard enough.
    Since most USPSA shooters avoid shooting to slidelock, and many USPSA guns have been modified so the slide lock does not work on empty, I don’t think competition is necessarily the best reference. Auto forwarding is just another trick in your bag, which sometimes can shave time especially for a left handed shooter, but when it fails, usually does spectacularly. I think it is important to know how to load a magazine in an individual pistol and make it or not make it auto forward.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Since most USPSA shooters avoid shooting to slidelock, and many USPSA guns have been modified so the slide lock does not work on empty, I don’t think competition is necessarily the best reference. Auto forwarding is just another trick in your bag, which sometimes can shave time especially for a left handed shooter, but when it fails, usually does spectacularly. I think it is important to know how to load a magazine in an individual pistol and make it or not make it auto forward.
    I’m pretty early in understanding Stage Planning (meaning: I am clueless) but I have figured out if I have to worry about what happens when my gun is at slide lock, I’ve screwed up pretty badly.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I didn't think I had to qualify my statement given our audience. But I was referring to IDPA.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    I didn't think I had to qualify my statement given our audience. But I was referring to IDPA.
    Sorry, I didn’t consider IDPA when you referred to competition.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List