Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Inertia loading the M9A3, and a rear height sight question.

(making sure I haven't been posting on Doodie by mistake)
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Sorry, I didn’t consider IDPA when you referred to competition.

In my experience, there are six ways to reload:

1) overhand — perfect if you believe reloading is a gross motor skill.

2) slingshot — works with gloves and the widest range of pistols.

3) support thumb — works with CZ, 1911 placed slide stops, and while a bit slower than strong thumb, avoids a timing issue where you hit the slide stop early with your strong thumb.

4) strong thumb — perhaps the sweet spot between speed and reliability, although still possible to thumb early.

5) auto forward — can be fast, especially for a lefty, but generally not admitted to in polite company.

6) NY reload — hey, if you have a second or third pistol on you, you might as well use it.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Headed to the range soon. Another 400 rounds should bring it up to 1k
    Attachment 22696

I’ve never been able to get my Beretta’s to auto forward. I tend to think that slamming the mag into the well with a bunch of force is not the fastest way to perform any type of reload, so maybe that has something to do with my inability to make it work for me with m6 Beretta’s.

My SD9 VE will auto forward if you give it a dirty look, but I don’t conciously practice it. I always intend hit the slide release and if the gun happens to auto forward I just consider it lucky and move on.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

User Tag List