Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Inertia loading the M9A3, and a rear height sight question.

Inertia loading the M9A3, and a rear height sight question.

I just got a new to me m9a3 yesterday and put 250 rounds through it. Nearly every magazine caused the slide to go forward.

Im thinking a new slide release spring? I haven't heard of the A3 doing this. Has it popped up before?

Love the gun. The trigger is as good as my other berettas that I've worked over. Feels like a crisp 4.5lbs and a smooth 8lbs. Perfect.

I'm not a huge 3 dot fan so may install a Wilson rear sight. What's the height of the A3 rear sight?

The Vertec rear sights seem to be a bit taller than the normal 92FS rears. I had one out on the bench recently and it matched up perfectly with a Wilson .290 Pepperoni sight. In comparison, the normal 92FS rear seems to match the .270 Wilson's.

The 92 as a whole can be somewhat easy to auto forward. My first 92A1 was really easy to do it with. When I had 5K on it I went through and replaced a bunch of springs, including the slide stop spring and the auto forwarding suddenly became a whole lot harder to do. Made me happy, as I didn't really like how easy it was to do originally. It's a cheap spring and worth a shot, but as always, YMMV.

I got an M9A3 yesterday, took it out to shoot today. I would also prefer a plain black rear.

I had 20 Beretta 15 round mags and had no auto forwarding.

How do you like the veryec grip?

I was a aprehensivo about it at first, but I really liked in live fire. The A3 is a super easy pistol to shoot. I easily shot 5"-6" 10 round groups at 25 yards. I did the same with my Gen5 19, but it took more time and effort.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I got an M9A3 yesterday, took it out to shoot today. I would also prefer a plain black rear.

I had 20 Beretta 15 round mags and had no auto forwarding.

How do you like the veryec grip?

I was a aprehensivo about it at first, but I really liked in live fire. The A3 is a super easy pistol to shoot. I easily shot 5"-6" 10 round groups at 25 yards. I did the same with my Gen5 19, but it took more time and effort.
    I've had a vertec before and didn't seem to have the same issues with it as I did the A3. Unfortunately I was shooting a bit low and left. I only have medium hands but find it hard to get a good consistent grip with my support hand.

At 25 yards I was staying on an Army L. 30 rounds inside about 12" with 4 rounds outside the main 8" group which is about as good as I can shoot with any gun (30 rounds, 8", 25 yards).

I was a bit low as well. I switched to my 92fs and I was centered. I have a .310 Wilson rear sight I'll try next time out. I also ordered some g10 grips that I've heard were slightly bigger and grippier which should help I think.

Shooting it was very nice. It was a used gun and the previous owner looked to have never cleaned or lubed it. I cleaned and greased it and it was as smooth as a very well used beretta. At 25 yard the first 3 magazines I shot were shot at a slightly reduced Osama bin laden target. 51 rounds as fast as I could aquire the front sight and I didn't miss. I had some fliers but they all hit bad guy.

So far I'm pretty happy with it.

I work PT at a range and the other guys were all looking for a good deal online by the time we were all done.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    What's the height of the A3 rear sight?
    My A3 hit 8” low at 25 yards. Beretta swapped out the rear for a taller one. It now hits perfectly. The new sight measures 0.245” above the slide.

my new Brig-Tac also auto forwards if i stuff a fresh magazine in hard enough. saves me a fraction of a second on reloads in matches. works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    My A3 hit 8” low at 25 yards. Beretta swapped out the rear for a taller one. It now hits perfectly. The new sight measures 0.245” above the slide.
    If the Wilson I have doesn't do it I'll contact them but I prefer blacked out, or single dot rears anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by DAB View Post
    my new Brig-Tac also auto forwards if i stuff a fresh magazine in hard enough. saves me a fraction of a second on reloads in matches. works for me.
    I'm not a fan since none of my other guns do it. Not to mention that whenever I try to speed load I typically eject a live round anyways. I'm sure if I was in a comp I'd do the same thing and eject a live round after the gun inertia loaded since I'm so used to power stroking a gun shot to slide lock.

FWIW I just swapped a .290 rear Wilson and a 92/96A1 Wilson fiber front onto my A3. I intend to confirm POA/POI next week.
    Shoot more, post less...

Man is the trigger nice. I do a little stoning on my other berettas and get a really nice 4.5/8lb pull. This is already there. I don't know what beretta does but it is nice.

Still a little low with nato ball but right on with 147 +p HST.

New shoesAttachment 22565

Site Supporter
    Since this comes with a threaded barrel, are the sights high enough to clear a suppressor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Tag List