Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rigel, WML IWB/AIWB

Just ordered a second one. This rig is more comfortable than holsters for pistol without lights. Incredible. Thanks @orionz06 !!

Hi Risk Customer Services
    Would it be possible to get a Rigel with no Mod Wing at all? Or instead of a Mod Wing, a raised hump on the face of the holster similar to the Tenicor Velo? I found the Mod Wing to be too much of a good thing personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    Would it be possible to get a Rigel with no Mod Wing at all? Or instead of a Mod Wing, a raised hump on the face of the holster similar to the Tenicor Velo? I found the Mod Wing to be too much of a good thing personally.
    @Whiskey_Bravo

Have you tried moving the wing to the rear of the holster? I have mine mounted that way on both of my Orions. Worth trying, imho, and it only takes a minute.

Works better for me that way, both with the original wing that came with the holsters and the Dark Wing that Tom sent me a month or two back.
    Last edited by blues; 06-01-2019 at 04:03 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    @Whiskey_Bravo

Have you tried moving the wing to the rear of the holster? I have mine mounted that way on both of my Orions. Worth trying, imho, and it only takes a minute.
    I am of the opinion now that I do not care for "wings" in general on my appendix holsters. Unnecessary pokey bits that don't provide enough benefit overall for me. The Rigel body has such a wide footprint already that it will tuck with belt tension. I would actually love to see a Rigel with a small raised wedge on the front of the body similar to a Tenicor Velo.

Okey doke. Thought it might be worth a try.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

My brother runs his like this. It’s worth a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    My brother runs his like this. It’s worth a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I really like the look of that setup. Are those the universal fit DCC clips? My only issue is that rear clip looks like it will rub the knuckles on the draw.
    Last edited by Whiskey_Bravo; 06-02-2019 at 09:09 PM.

Yeah, we can just use regular screws and refund the Modwing price.

The raised bump, on a WML holster, hasn't been too durable. Too much unsupported plastic and resulting flex to make that a viable solution for us to offer. Works fine for non-WML though.
    Last edited by orionz06; 06-02-2019 at 09:45 PM.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I really like the look of that setup. Are those the universal fit DCC clips? My only issue is that rear clip looks like it will rub the knuckles on the draw.
    It’s the height adjustable one. It could be made to allow for more finger clearance. That clip placement does two things, spreads out the weight of the rig over more belt area. And maintains tuck

My second Rigel arrived today. Thanks @orionz06

User Tag List