Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: VTAC 320 finally shipping--Anyone seen one/shot one?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Anyway, I'm assuming the VTAC or X Carry mags will work in any of the previous 320 models but not the other way around.
    From what I've heard, that is correct. However, the standard mags can be made to work in the X-series guns either by a) replacing the base plates with X series ones (or any aftermarket ones that do not have the wings), or b) just cutting the wings off the standard base plate.
    Anti-astroturfing disclaimer: I am the owner of Bagman Tactical (custom tactical nylon).

The 17 round X series mags are the same as the newest regular 320 mags. They are identified by the square baseplate retention lug. They still have wings, but the swings are tapered so they work with the X series integrated mag well. Older, round peg, 320 mags can be modified to work either by sanding off the wings of the base plates, or just tapering them.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Alright I bought one.

Below are a couple photos and a short video of the gun being fired with my USPSA minor load. 115gr FMJ with a small charge of AutoComp.

The new gun is pretty tight and wouldn't go fully into battery under spring weight alone. Now, after 100 rounds, the gun is still tight but wearing in nicely.

The trigger is 6.25 pounds and is fairly crisp but has a surprising amount of overtravel.

The X frame feels good. I like the boxy shape and more square profile.

The gun should be a keeper. I think it'll work well as a general range gun and should be legal as-is for both USPSA and IDPA.

I'll update when I have some more rounds fired.

Also, I should note that the sticker on the box says the gun was made at the end of November but it has an unfinished disconnector notch.

https://youtu.be/ZojrVPxMWec

Last edited by Tokarev; 12-21-2017 at 09:11 AM.

Nobody wants to comment on the NC Star light???

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Alright I bought one.

Below are a couple photos and a short video of the gun being fired with my USPSA minor load. 115gr FMJ with a small charge of AutoComp.

The new gun is pretty tight and wouldn't go fully into battery under spring weight alone. Now, after 100 rounds, the gun is still tight but wearing in nicely.

The trigger is 6.25 pounds and is fairly crisp but has a surprising amount of overtravel.

The X frame feels good. I like the boxy shape and more square profile.

The gun should be a keeper. I think it'll work well as a general range gun and should be legal as-is for both USPSA and IDPA.

I'll update when I have some more rounds fired.

Also, I should note that the sticker on the box says the gun was made at the end of November but it has an unfinished disconnector notch.

https://youtu.be/ZojrVPxMWec

Cool. 6.5lb trigger seems high for a striker gun to me, but i'm not very familiar with pulk weights. I care far more about feel. Sig may not be my preference, but nobody can deny they make a good looking gun. How are the sights?

You planning to use it for just competition?

-Cory

How's the POA/POI with those sights? I dig it.
    Never experienced overtravel in the regular 320's so that makes me wonder.

The sights are a little different than those on my M&P and I wonder if they've been re-designed or are just different for the SIG. The front sight gas a more triangular shape than I remember and the rear sight notch is deeper. As a result of the rear sight I can see the top of the slide in my sight picture.

POI seems correct but I've only shot the pistol at ten yards. I'll need to try it at closer and longer ranges to get a feel for how the VTAC is going to shoot. I'm assuming there will be some mechanical offset at very close range.

My intended purpose for the gun? It seems like just about everything I buy I have plans for but too much of my stuff ends up in the safe.

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    While the 320 may have some followers still on the forum, I think you will find that the majority here do not find favor with the 320. Largely due to the discovery that they could discharge when dropped, and the way Sig chose to handle the issue. Many here hold a negative opinion of both the 320 model, and the current leadership of Sig itself.
    I am really sorry to hear this, but I think that there have been more than a few inaccurate assumptions that have lead to this attitude.
    It have been running the P320 for three years now and have seen the tweaks rolling out over the years that have been attempting to optimize the platform and resolve identified issues. My take is that I think SIG had some type of report of drop failures but could not consistently reproduce the failure through the testing that it was using. When the recipe of the negative 30 degree drop hit the internet I think that was legitimately the first time that SIG had a full view of the vulnerability, as obscure as it was.
    Since they were calling in guns for the "upgrade" I think they decided to also address the other weakest point in the system; the timing challenge dealing with minor tolerance changes affecting the trigger actuated disconnect (AKA the double click).
    Most people who have sent in their P320s to SIG are thankful reporting that the guns are coming back with the trigger feeling as good or better than before.
    This has been an unexpected and fairly catastrophic event that SIG has weathered
    It has certainly left the P320 much better off and it's now perhaps of the most tested guns guns in the industry. That should certainly help as SIG continues to pursue other contracts and opportunities for the P320.

Quote Originally Posted by Alma View Post
    I am really sorry to hear this, but I think that there have been more than a few inaccurate assumptions that have lead to this attitude.
    It have been running the P320 for three years now and have seen the tweaks rolling out over the years that have been attempting to optimize the platform and resolve identified issues. My take is that I think SIG had some type of report of drop failures but could not consistently reproduce the failure through the testing that it was using. When the recipe of the negative 30 degree drop hit the internet I think that was legitimately the first time that SIG had a full view of the vulnerability, as obscure as it was.
    Since they were calling in guns for the "upgrade" I think they decided to also address the other weakest point in the system; the timing challenge dealing with minor tolerance changes affecting the trigger actuated disconnect (AKA the double click).
    Most people who have sent in their P320s to SIG are thankful reporting that the guns are coming back with the trigger feeling as good or better than before.
    This has been an unexpected and fairly catastrophic event that SIG has weathered
    It has certainly left the P320 much better off and it's now perhaps of the most tested guns guns in the industry. That should certainly help as SIG continues to pursue other contracts and opportunities for the P320.
    I am also pretty sure I heard Santa coming down my chimney, and the grunt of his reindeer waiting outside this morning.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Everything about this gun is at least a great idea. Only a hater would hate on it....and I haven't owned a Sig in 20 years and am not interested in this gun - albeit for the influence it will have on others. Who doesn't want a Glock, or M&P, or XYZ with a better trigger and 20 round magazine out of the box. The perfect blend of tactical and gamer - full size gun to carry around .... or shoot in your local charity outlaw match. I'm glad its out there and I hope they are sold by the thousands...or tens of thousands....

So Glock will one up them
    A71593

User Tag List