Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: VTAC 320 finally shipping--Anyone seen one/shot one?

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    While the 320 may have some followers still on the forum, I think you will find that the majority here do not find favor with the 320. Largely due to the discovery that they could discharge when dropped, and the way Sig chose to handle the issue. Many here hold a negative opinion of both the 320 model, and the current leadership of Sig itself.

Personally, I wasn't aware of a VTAC model being released. I can say that the X5 I handled didn't especially impress me. The 320 model didn't really do anything for me that my Glock didn't so I wasn't really looking for one (before public shaming, and subsequent poor handling). I was expecting the X5 to really be something special. The one I saw didn't seem like it was. To me it was a really expensive striker gun that didn't have a ton of added value. The owner was really happy with it (although he couldn't shoot it tremendously) so I guess it worked for him. I guess for me a souped up striker gun needs to show me some kind of benefit above the other options. A lot of the time, a trigger with characteristics someone else prefers, a fancy paint job, and different sights pump up the price. I would just want to make sure that wasn't the case before I shelled out more for a gun. Then again, I wouldn't buy a Sig anyway.

-Cory
    Thought this thread was about the VTAC and not about the downfall of the P320 and Cohen's SIG? The OP was asking about the VTAC and personal experiences, not the forums deliberation and verdict on the P320. Just sayin'

I was interested in the P320 X5 initially, but after shooting a few I've decided to just stick with the FS P320 9mm. Of the three available P320 X5 variants, the VTAC brings the least to the table.
    Last edited by gtmtnbiker98; 12-19-2017 at 08:38 AM.

What’s the going price on a VTAC compared to an X5?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    What’s the going price on a VTAC compared to an X5?
    Using Gunbroker as a price guide it looks like the VTAC is $50 or $100 less expensive.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Here's a pretty good overview. Answers most of my questions about the gun.

I saw a few videos earlier in the year from SHOT talking about the gun but this is the first time I've seen this one with Strader.

https://youtu.be/ekkLnENQVNI

Site Supporter
    If you like the P320, i think the VTAC would be a cool gun to have. It has an internal magwell (compared to the standard P320) and unique sights. I would like to experiment with the sights in different light conditions. A possible negative is the trigger which weighs more than the upgraded trigger. Is this gun as drop/inertia safe as an upgraded gun? The barrel grown is a nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFIE View Post
    If you like the P320, i think the VTAC would be a cool gun to have. It has an internal magwell (compared to the standard P320) and unique sights. I would like to experiment with the sights in different light conditions. A possible negative is the trigger which weighs more than the upgraded trigger. Is this gun as drop/inertia safe as an upgraded gun? The barrel grown is a nice touch.
    I like the sights. I have a set on an M&P. At first I didn't like them as they're pretty busy. But after a little use my eye became accustomed to looking at the fiber optic and not the fiber optic and tritium all at once. With that said I have only used them on an outdoor range during daylight hours. No real shooting experience with them in low light.

Are they better than something like the Trijicon HD? Probably not. Plus they're a little tall.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I like the sights. I have a set on an M&P. At first I didn't like them as they're pretty busy. But after a little use my eye became accustomed to looking at the fiber optic and not the fiber optic and tritium all at once. With that said I have only used them on an outdoor range during daylight hours. No real shooting experience with them in low light.

Are they better than something like the Trijicon HD? Probably not. Plus they're a little tall.

Thanks for that info. I have been curious about these sights for some time. I wonder about the fiber optic sights shaking loose. I have a tacops P227 and the fiber optic has come out of the housing after 450 rounds.

My STI eats fiber optic inserts pretty regularly. When I was actively shooting USPSA I'd usually change out the insert every couple months to make sure I always had a good insert. Even then I'd occasionally lose one during a match.

The VTAC sights are a bit different though. The inserts are anchored in place and not something that can be changed out with fingernail clippers and a cigarette lighter.

I like it because it's kind of a work version of the X5 where the X5 is the gamers version, a department that issues P320's but still authorizes personal purchases should have no problem with it, I'm assuming the 17rd mags are the exact same as the standard P320.

Although to me the sights are window dressing that I'd rather not be paying for and would probably swap out for some HD XR's anyway, I guess the same goes for the cerakoted slide and cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    I like it because it's kind of a work version of the X5 where the X5 is the gamers version, a department that issues P320's but still authorizes personal purchases should have no problem with it, I'm assuming the 17rd mags are the exact same as the standard P320.

Although to me the sights are window dressing that I'd rather not be paying for and would probably swap out for some HD XR's anyway, I guess the same goes for the cerakoted slide and cuts.

I assume mag tubes are the same but it looks like the base plates are different.

I've seen the 21rd mags for sale but have yet to see the standard mags with the X base plate. Anyway, I'm assuming the VTAC or X Carry mags will work in any of the previous 320 models but not the other way around.

User Tag List