Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: Recent manufacture M&P 9 accuracy

Looks like SAPD is switching to M&P's, in 40 though so hopefully they won't have the accuracy issue:

http://www.ksat.com/news/SAPD-changi...z/-/index.html

(don't read the comments, teh stoopid is strong there)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Looks like more support gear for me locally then. Win for me!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    AKA: SkyLine1

The SAPD officers are complaining about the Glock stippling when shooting at the range??? Wow....if anything the gen 4 Glock stippling is not aggressive enough--I far prefer the RTF2 or an aggressive custom stippling job. Given those comments, I guess my hands should have been hurting after recently shooting 300+ rounds a day with Bob Vogel and Pat McNamara.

Not all the SAPD cops are shooters, I have been severely disappointed when I have shot with some and at IDPA. Why the Gen4 would be too much...I don't know. Hard to say when they put less then 1k down range a year or care to.

I wish more cops take shooting seriously, it could just save their life.

AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    Not all the SAPD cops are shooters, I have been severely disappointed when I have shot with some and at IDPA. Why the Gen4 would be too much...I don't know. Hard to say when they put less then 1k down range a year or care to.

I wish more cops take shooting seriously, it could just save their life.

It seemed like during the years I lived in San Antionio ('84-'89) when they carried S&W Model 65 .357s - their shootings were ended very decisively with very few shots fired. It didn't seem like many BGs survived either. I sort of took them for decent fighters at the time.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I don't know any SA cops personally, but just on my limited observation I think they mostly have Gen 3's, which makes the grip texture comment even more baffling. But who knows what was actually said vs. what came out the other end via the reporter. I suspect it was either just an excuse to get rid of the Glocks, or some other perceived problem with the grip that got misinterpreted by the TV guy.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

User Tag List