Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent manufacture M&P 9 accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by JV View Post
    I agree, I'd love another M&P, but I don't want to spend $1K to get it running well.
    Agreed. One of the reasons I sold my 9mm M&P's.

Thanks for posting this.

I can manage 4" groups with both my full sized and a friend's full sized 9mm M&Ps. But I have heard enough issues with 9mm M&Ps from enough sources to know that there is an issue.

From what I understand there is no similar issues with the .40 Cal M&Ps. Is this correct?

Site Supporter
    interesting results. thanks for sharing.

I've been thinking about picking up an M&P9 and shooting Minor/SSP to reduce the amount of ware and tear/pain in my forearms from the 45 acp in Major/CDP. Given everything I'm still hearing about the M&P9FS I'm leaning toward the M&P 40 and reloading to Minor/SSP power factor. Just seems prudent until they actually fix this issue.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

I decided to try to troubleshoot three of the M&P pistols that were not shooting yesterday, and in response to several suggestions, wanted to test them with different ammo. I picked Federal HST 124 +P and Federal AE 147 grain ball as the additional loads, since they seemed to span the range of 9mm loadings.

1) M&P Pro, (was shooting 6-8 inches yesterday with WWB). First shot the AE 147 and got a nice 3.5 inch, or smaller, group. Repeated with the 124 +P HST and got an equally nice group. Repeated with WWB, to make sure it wasn't me, and got an 8 inch group.

2) M&P 9 FS, no TS (was shooting 8 inches yesterday with WWB). Neither the 147 AE or HST shot much better than the WWB.

3) M&P 9, no TS with HD sights and DCAEK (was shooting 8 inches yesterday). The HST shot closer to 5 inches, and the AE ball was just as bad as the WWB. I then grabbed a barrel out of a full size 9 that was shooting about 3.5 inches or better yesterday, and repeated the tests. The pistol still shot lousy, even with the "good" barrel.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    That's too bad. There are things about the M&P family that are very appealing to me as a Glock shooter. Sucks that this is still an issue.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for doing the retest.

Just did that. The "bad" barrel in a "good" M&P shot as well as its own "good" barrel.

This is bizarre, as I assumed the M&P problem was with barrels, and this suggests it is more complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Just did that. The "bad" barrel in a "good" M&P shot as well as its own "good" barrel.

This is bizarre, as I assumed the M&P problem was with barrels, and this suggests it is more complicated.
    Like the dead trigger issue it must be in variances in frame and slide assembly combinations that impact lock up and unlocking. Just the first idea off the top of my head.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Like the dead trigger issue it must be in variances in frame and slide assembly combinations that impact lock up and unlocking. Just the first idea off the top of my head.
    You beat me to it - I was about to ask if it could be due to differences in how the locking blocks sat in the frame.
    Mike

User Tag List