Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent manufacture M&P 9 accuracy

Oh I agree, it is just dumb luck it happened to me.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Oh I agree, it is just dumb luck it happened to me.
    Yup. Though I'd be peeved if I were in your shoes, too.

And to think, all this started when I thought I just couldn't shoot well at distance.

You need a 1911. Easier to maintain.

If fifty different companies made like copies of the M&P, there would be $2000 version that would be very accurate and reliable.

Ruger would also quietly be working on a perfectly functional one for $700, and people would say that was too expensive.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    You need a 1911. Easier to maintain.
    Head of CS has been informed of my displeasure. At least when I am told to pound salt it will be from someone important.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Well, I got my M&P back tonight, this time (#2) they decided it was acceptable to give me the replacement sear housing block and trigger bar the guns have been shipping with for almost a year now.

What they neglected to include was the roll pin that holds in the locking block. The gun was shipped to them 100% stock except sights and had all the parts.
    Kimber shipped me back an Untra Carry 3 inch 1911 with a broken recoil assembly in 2006-2007.

I promptly got on the phone, asked for a replacement part, and was ignored.

When I called them 2 weeks later and pitched a screaming fit on the phone for sending me back a pistol that was broken, I got the part a week later.

I installed it and sold the gun without further firing.

If I send it back for service because something broke or wasn't working, I do not take getting it back in other than proper condition very well.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorpogo View Post
    Ruger would also quietly be working on a perfectly functional one for $700, and people would say that was too expensive.
    ...... and would say the version was a cheap knock-off and the engineers were thieves for stealing the design. There would also be tons of posts by folks taking bets on how long until the recall notice went out.

For me though .... I've owned several Ruger LCPs and a LC9 and to steal a phrase from LAV, "They all run like raped apes."

Plus an over under on the length of the warning engraving on the side of it.

Since I was quick to complain about my M&P 9 accuracy, it is only fair to mention when they are shooting well. This is typical of how one of my good shooting M&P 9's does -- this a FS with an RMR. This is at 25 yards, with the Aguila 124 grain ammo, and typical of how that ammo shoots in that pistol:

This is typical of how my 9 Compact shoots Ranger 124 +P ammo at 25 yards:

It seems the M&P 9's are very sensitive to ammo, type and weight, and it is worthwhile to experiment to find what shoots best in your pistol. Gets a little complicated, and hopefully the Apex barrels solve this soon. By contrast, with my Gen 4 Glock 17's, if it says 9mm on the box, it seems to shoot well and to the same point of impact.

User Tag List