Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: P30 Mods with TLG content

P30 Mods with TLG content

They just posted a article I did on my P30 and the modifications I have made at Modern Service Weapons. The Todd Green LEM is mentioned as well.

http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=1097#more-1097

This is the new format that 10-8 forums is transitioning to.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Great article, Sir. Thank you for sharing.

Outstanding article and put another nail in the coffin for my 2011 born gen 3 glock 17. My wife will be thrilled

Great write up on the HK pistol.

Thanks very much for the detailed explanations, especially regarding the trigger. I was eyeballing your P30 in class, and wondering exactly what you had done to it.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Nice article, DB.

This has me wanting to switch from a 17 to a P30. I would like some tactile feedback when reholstering & a tad more first shot grace period under stress. But then I'd have to change my username.

Todd's "man crush" on the P30 aside, most people shoot a Glock better, and the P30 takes a higher skill level to operate at, that close to a Glock, level. The LEM skills are also more perishable and that trigger is harder to learn support hand shooting. The difference is probably irrelevant in real use, but definitely quantifiable across a range of PF type drills and competition. My best guess is the P30 costs you about .75 in a FASTest, and 5-10 points on a Rogers 125 point school test. Whether that difference is great enough to outweigh the hammer, reliability and accuracy of the HK, only you can decide. The Glock is my primary system, and HK is secondary, and I say this with my own affection for HK LEM pistols that has endured for years. The Gadget, though, is a game changer for the Glock AIWB.

Every time I get close to actually getting a P30 or HK45, I get confronted with mutiple realities: 1) Out of all my platforms, I shoot the best with my Glocks; 2) I have significant time, resources (hardware and software) invested in my Glock platforms; 3) Other that "just wanting" one, I'm really kinda hard-pressed to coherently discerning any significant advantages that going to an HK as an adjunct to my Glocks would realistically provide; 4) That I've already kind of got the DAO action adequately covered with my Beretta 92D, which I've also amassed significant hammer- and dry-fire experience with, and 5) That I've got the DA/SA 9mm duty gun spectrum more than adequately covered with my (wait for it) Ruger P89 (hey, no disparaging comments allowed-it's a very late production example that seems to have singularly benefited from Ruger's top-down 200 product and processes manufacturing improvement-mine has a very nice DA triggerpull, a crisp SA pull, and a very short and discernible reset point-and is an inch -to-inch-and-a-half tack-driver as well, and exceptionally reliable)-and the later-production ergo modifications are surprisingly effective.

Yeah, in the back of my mind, I'll continue to have a residual desire for a LEM P30L (with the TLG trigger set-up), but unless the gun fairy sends one my way gratis, it's unlikely I'll proceed any further...plus I have a Wifely Review Board...(and you guys probably know the chances of a $1K-plus {yeah, there's that holster/magazine component portion of the equation to be factored in to the purchase as well} discretionary income flying past that with any chance of approval...) (and I'm otherwise unwilling to trade/sell anything out of my collection to facilitate what would probably something to fulfill merely a dillitantistic craving as opposed to a realistic need).

And further realistically, even if I got one, I'd probably be fundamentally unwilling to dedicate the training and hammer time necessary to truly master/take advantage of the gun, as such time/resources would be by necessity at the expensive of my Glock platform.

Yeah, I hate dispassionate and realistic analysis...But thanks for the article (and heads-up on the upcoming 10-8 Forum phase-out) Nyeti...

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 11-29-2012 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Every time I get close to actually getting a P30 or HK45, I get confronted with mutiple realities: 1) Out of all my platforms, I shoot the best with my Glocks; 2) I have significant time, resources (hardware and software) invested in my Glock platforms; 3) Other that "just wanting" one, I'm really kinda hard-pressed to coherently discerning any significant advantages that going to an HK as an adjunct to my Glocks would realistically provide; 4) That I've already kind of got the DAO action adequately covered with my Beretta 92D, which I've also amassed significant hammer- and dry-fire experience with, and 5) That I've got the DA/SA 9mm duty gun spectrum more than adequately covered with my (wait for it) Ruger P89 (hey, no disparaging comments allowed-it's a very late production example that seems to have singularly benefited from Ruger's top-down 200 product and processes manufacturing improvement-mine has a very nice DA triggerpull, a crisp SA pull, and a very shrt and discernible reset point-and is an inch -to-inch-and-a-half tack-driver as well, and exceptionally reliable)-and the later-production ergo modifications are surprisingly effective.

Yeah, in the back of my mind, I'll continue to have a residual desire for a LEM P30L (with the TLG trigger set-up), but unless the gun fairy sends one my way gratis, it's unlikely I'll proceed any further...plus I have a Wifely Review Board...(and you guys probably know the chances of a $1K-plus {yeah, there's that holster/magazine component portion of the equation to be factored in to the purchase as well} discretionary income flying past that with any chance of approval...) (and I'm otherwise unwilling to trade/sell anything out of my collection to facilitate what would probably something to fulfill merely a dillitantistic craving as opposed to a realistic need).

And further realistically, even if I got one, I'd probably be fundamentally unwilling to dedicate the training and hammer time necessary to truly master/take advantage of the gun, as such time/resources would be by necessity at the expensive of my Glock platform.

Yeah, I hate dispassionate and realistic analysis...But thanks for the article (and heads-up on the upcoming 10-8 Forum phase-out) Nyeti...

Best, Jon
    So, in summary, no HK in your future.

User Tag List