Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .22 Can Recommendation

Anyone check out the Q Erector yet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    After reading this article: http://www.recoilweb.com/recoil-rate...ns-128171.html, I ordered a Thunder Beast 22 Take Down. My TB CB9 has been a good can and I've toured the TB facility a couple of times. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    After reading this article: http://www.recoilweb.com/recoil-rate...ns-128171.html, I ordered a Thunder Beast 22 Take Down. My TB CB9 has been a good can and I've toured the TB facility a couple of times. Good stuff.
    I bought one from Hansohn Brothers during the group buy in November. I have high hopes for that can.

Site Supporter
    I just took delivery of my Thunderbeast 22 TD. It's on a Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite. I've fired about 250 rounds of SK Standard Plus and Remington Golden Bullet. The can is very quiet, especially with the SK ammo. I haven't done any formal accuracy testing. I want to see how group sizes and POI change with the can attached. I've had several failures to eject and failures to fire. I blame the cheapo Remington ammo for that. I will experiment with some CCI Mini Mags next. All in all, I'm most pleased.

Name:  Ruger 22 45 Lite w Thunderbeast 22 TD.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  84.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    I'm finally going to break down and file for my first can.

I think I've narrowed it down to two options and would appreciate the experienced opinions of you lovely folks. I want something that will work well on a rifle and pistol but will spend most of its time on a 10/22 or an MP 15-22.

I am trying to decide between the Rugged Oculus and the AAC Halcyon

I'm open to other suggestions, but these seem to be well-liked and have the features I'd appreciate.

Thanks for the help!
    I love my spectre 2. Its oldschool, but never a complaint, and the numbers are still legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    I love my spectre 2. Its oldschool, but never a complaint, and the numbers are still legit.
    This.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    I just took delivery of my Thunderbeast 22 TD. It's on a Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite. I've fired about 250 rounds of SK Standard Plus and Remington Golden Bullet. The can is very quiet, especially with the SK ammo. I haven't done any formal accuracy testing. I want to see how group sizes and POI change with the can attached. I've had several failures to eject and failures to fire. I blame the cheapo Remington ammo for that. I will experiment with some CCI Mini Mags next. All in all, I'm most pleased.

Name:  Ruger 22 45 Lite w Thunderbeast 22 TD.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  84.9 KB
    I've had to do a ton of work on my 22/45 to get it to run well, and it only likes certain ammo. Eley Contact 42gr is the best subsonic ammo I've found.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I've had to do a ton of work on my 22/45 to get it to run well, and it only likes certain ammo. Eley Contact 42gr is the best subsonic ammo I've found.
    Thanks. I'll try some!

User Tag List