Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AIWB ONE Loop vs TWO

Quote Originally Posted by chingy98 View Post
    Two is one, one is none.
    Tom Givens recently wrote in his newsletter that he did not like PTDs because he has seen them pop off. I figure, less likely for catastrophic failure with two.
    I've heard the same only from two people now. Their mode of failure would have to be rather catastrophic, enough so that I'd place bets on them lasting longer than kydex loops that will break. The only failure that has been reported to me has been from someone who landed on the holster and one loop let go.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I appreciate all the input so far. I tend to agree that 2 loops are more stable - and if you prefer more stable over more movement / adjustment on the fly, then 2 loops are better. The single loop AIWB I'm using is every bit as good - and in some aspects better than my 2-loop. But I agree that 2 loops are my slight preference.

It was mentioned that Tom Givens likes clips better than PTD loops. I've used both and have never had a clip break or come off my belt, but neither have I ever had a PTD unsnap - assuming I actually had it hooked properly on the bottom first. I have had a time or two when I thought I had it snapped but found I had missed getting it hooked at the bottom first.

I realize this isn't exactly what you asked but here it goes anyways.

I use Comp TAC clips on a LAG Defender holster at 10 o'clock, iwb, I a leftie.

I fell from my tractor this fall, feet where 4' off ground and I was standing half erect...landed on my back/left side, when I got over the shock I was ok I checked my little friend. My Shield had not moved in the holster nor had the holster moved from my belt.

I guess that's what they are supposed to do.
    Last edited by Tawadc95; 12-26-2017 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawadc95 View Post
    I realize this isn't exactly what you asked but here it goes anyways.

I use Comp TAC clips on a LAG Defender holster at 10 o'clock, iwb, I a leftie.

I fell from my tractor this fall, feet where 4' off ground and I was standing half erect...landed on my back/left side, when I got over the shock I was ok I checked my little friend. My Shield had not moved in the holster nor had the holster moved from my belt.

I guess that's what they are supposed to do.
    In all fairness that's not gonna move around that holster without clips much either.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Two loops for me, wide apart like the wide option JM Custom does is my fave

I've had an Eidolon since they were released and while I started with two of the injection modeled clips, after a month I went down to a single clip. I'm very slim and had issues with the front clip printing through my shirt and holster comfort issues (no float). A single clip was still very secure but allowed the holster to move more with my body during the day; however this meant that the grip of the gun was not always maintained in the same spot for draws. About six month ago I picked up two PTD loop struts from RCS and these have replaced my single clip as my preferred method. I've found that I have more adjustment with the PTD loops than the clips and even with two loops, its plenty comfortable (plus the grips stays in the same spot). The holster is now not quite as easy to put on or take off now, but for me the added stability and security of the two PTD loops is worth it. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by Supercruise View Post
    I've had an Eidolon since they were released and while I started with two of the injection modeled clips, after a month I went down to a single clip. I'm very slim and had issues with the front clip printing through my shirt and holster comfort issues (no float). A single clip was still very secure but allowed the holster to move more with my body during the day; however this meant that the grip of the gun was not always maintained in the same spot for draws. About six month ago I picked up two PTD loop struts from RCS and these have replaced my single clip as my preferred method. I've found that I have more adjustment with the PTD loops than the clips and even with two loops, its plenty comfortable (plus the grips stays in the same spot). The holster is now not quite as easy to put on or take off now, but for me the added stability and security of the two PTD loops is worth it. YMMV
    The Eidolon is my 2-loop holster. I can still get a little float by using the 1.75" holes, but recently I trimmed the loops and cut away the 1.75" holes. I can use the 1.25" holes on my Wilderness Tactical belt for a real tight fit. The best loop setup I've found is to have the rear loop at 1.25" and the front loop at 1.5", allowing a little cant float fore and aft.

If the Eidolon had the PHLster Teardrop rather than the "clingy" add-on Wedge, it would be near perfect. If the PHLster Classic had 2 loops, it would be near perfect. And if they both had rear sight coverage (to cover the Trijicon HD razor blades of death) like the Dark Star Orion, I would have my perfect holster.

I’m currently running the JMCK 2.5 with a single loop, on the right (I am right handed). The left PTD loop printed way too much for my tastes on my slim waist.

The PTD buttons are very stiff and a pain to use so I was always threading on the belt for convenience. I’ve since swapped out the PTD button for a washer - no worried about it coming undone. I have no complaints with stability on the single loop. I might retry the second loop with a washer instead of the PTD button - maybe printing will be more acceptable.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 12-27-2017 at 11:52 AM.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

I prefer a single clip for AIWB. I need the holster to be able to move with me. Been using an INCOG for two years now, and so far no issues. I do inspect my gear on a regular basis.
    (OK, get your mind out of the gutter if you have something snide to say about that last sentence ).
    Last edited by Bucky; 12-27-2017 at 11:48 AM.

User Tag List