Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AIWB ONE Loop vs TWO

AIWB ONE Loop vs TWO

I'm rotating between a first-class 2-loop AIWB holster and a first-class 1-loop AIWB holster for a Glock 17 (occasionally a 26). I'm formulating my opinion, but as to the pros / cons of one loop versus two loops, what do you experts say?

Two loops for anything double stack and larger heavy single stacks, one loop for smaller single stacks, revolvers, etc. Personal preference of course, and I'm not an expert.

Two loops can be a little more stable, one loop has a little more float. I've found that most service pistols afford the user the ability to use both without issue. I like to use two loops but set to 1.75" on a 1.5" belt. This gives me the desired float to keep things comfy. A single loop adds more float yet and works well in certain pants of mine.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

No expert but I found that single loop designs are nearly useless for me, even for small guns. This may be a function of what small guns I own (G43, blocky slide/rear sight print) but I find that a single narrow loop, which is almost always placed over the trigger guard area, doesn't bring the other side of a gun, rear of the slide/sight side, close enough to the body. Wider single clips, like metal clips on DSG holsters or other clip versions, I think they help concealment better than narrow single loops.
    Last edited by YVK; 12-19-2017 at 01:42 AM.

I don't mind one loop on a mag pouch or knife sheath but for my holsters I prefer the security and body hugging characteristics of a two loop setup.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I have used a Raven Eidolon for 2 years with either a G17 or G19 depending on the occasion. Went to a single narrow clip not long after I got it as I felt it was too rigid and jabbing me a lot. I'm sure that for ultimate performance 2 is better, but comfort won out.

While a single loop conceals better and is more comfortable for me on most claw type AIWB holsters, I am not comfortable with the retention/security of having just one loop. In addition, the gun shifts/tilts more with a single loop, which can really screw with your draw if the position of the gun is not what you're expecting it to be.

Can't beat the two loop set up for stability and speed from the holster but it is a compromise on comfort as you move throughout the day. Single loop is more comfortable but less comforting in my experience. Have you tried clips instead of loops? Clips just ride and feel slightly different but offer less security.
    Instagram @JuryTrialJedi

I prefer two clips vs loops. I've seen the loop buttons act like they're closed, but actually aren't... This (obviously) is my experience and opinion.

As stated above, I'm a fan of "Two = One / One = None" philosophy, so two is my method of choice. Comforting > Comfortable

Two is one, one is none.
    Tom Givens recently wrote in his newsletter that he did not like PTDs because he has seen them pop off. I figure, less likely for catastrophic failure with two.

User Tag List