Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LEM and split times

The time I spent with a TLG LEM left me with the impression that it's basically a long travel Glock trigger. Smoother, but not as quick to reset. The pretravel that's leftover after reset is the thing that makes it tough to run fast.

I think the LEM is a good mousetrap in the LE application that Dagga Boy wrote the article about.

A match gun trigger it is not. Can you use it? Sure. If you want to get good with your carry gun, it's a great way to do it. If you get the bug to be competitive, it's going to be frustrating.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Again, thanks so much for all of your replies. I totally agree that I will be the limiting factor, not the gun. Can’t wait to see where I can get with this. I’m certainly not an expert at all, but I may start a log here and report my LEM experience. Thanks!
    Can you clarify why you want to make this rather large commitment to the LEM? You clearly have a lot of experience with different platforms and triggers.

Why the P30 and why the LEM?

And I would love to read your training log if you started one.

It may be worth your time to go back and read ToddG's P30 range journals at Pistol-Training.com and wherever else he commented.

Todd really seemed to like the P30, and he ran it well. He was able to shoot Expert on the FAST with it, so the potential is there.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    He was able to shoot Expert on the FAST with it, so the potential is there.
    The FAST is really a reload test rather than a test of trigger finger speed.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    The FAST is really a reload test rather than a test of trigger finger speed.
    Accepted. To the point, he was getting 0.20 and 0.21 splits on the larger target
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    ...try to move the trigger all at once instead of taking the slack back out and then press through. Alternately you can eliminate the entire problem just by using a "rolling break"...

What is the difference “move the trigger all at once” vs. “rolling break”?

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Can you clarify why you want to make this rather large commitment to the LEM? You clearly have a lot of experience with different platforms and triggers.

Why the P30 and why the LEM?

And I would love to read your training log if you started one.
    Yep, mainly because it covers a lot of the criteria I’m looking for.

The P30 allows me -

P30 for Steel Challenge/USPSA Lim AIWB (I’ve previously only shot production but this intrigued me)

P30L for CMP Service Pistol.

P30SK or P2000sk for carry (I own a P2000sk currently).

The P30L is actually capable of being competitive in bullseye with the right load, some can do 1.5” to 2.0” at 50 yards. LEM isn’t too bad at all *IMO* for bullseye (I’ve shot a friends outside a match and it seems to work for me). For me personally, my Les Baers are great for BE but I hate Single Stack division in USPSA (constant reloads) and don’t want to carry a heavy sub-Compact 1911 with 6-7 round capacity vs. 10-12 with the P2000sk. I also carry a J-Frame when I wear a suit throughout the week (ugh) and I’ve found the LEM to *somewhat* matchup with the DAO J-Frame with Apex kit. So really, the LEM seems to fit all the criteria for me at the moment. I personally don’t like AIWBing an SFA (totally just personal preference). On top of this, I’m a pretty big HK fan boi in the sense that I’m thoroughly impressed with their ability to mass produce a highly reliable gun that also is extremely underrated in the accuracy department. I know BE is a dying sport (I’m “younger” and almost never see anyone my age at matches) so 50 yard group shooting isnt a very popular thing, but the HKs can put in work at that distance.
    Last edited by Kirk; 12-17-2017 at 05:04 PM.

Hammertime

LEM and split times

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    The P30 allows me -

P30 for Steel Challenge/USPSA Lim AIWB (I’ve previously only shot production but this intrigued me)

P30L for CMP Service Pistol.

P30SK or P2000sk for carry (I own a P2000sk currently).

The P30L is actually capable of being competitive in bullseye with the right load, some can do 1.5” to 2.0” at 50 yards.

a highly reliable gun that also is extremely underrated in the accuracy department. I know BE is a dying sport

but the HKs can put in work at that distance.

Thanks that makes a lot of sense.

I don’t doubt the accuracy. I am very new to the P30l, but on my first outing with it, I nearly tied my best ever at the 25 yard line with the stock sights. Impressive gun.

I put 2100 rounds through a P2000 LEM and it took me 1500 to get the hang of the trigger. I lean toward the TDA versions now, but don’t feel qualified to have much of an opinion.

I may be moving to a TDA P30/P2000 in the future for carry. But am comfortable with Glock currently and have been for years.
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 12-17-2017 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    I just want to say that it is nice to see you post TCinVA.

I know I prob speak for many but your posts always add tremendous value,are spot on, and are articulated in a way that very few people can.
    Ditto.

I had a TDA P2000 and that left me of the opinion that TDA is best pursued with a different platform. I'm a long time TDA shooter and that one was heavy enough to be considered a manual safety.

User Tag List