Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CDNN LE trade in M&P 15

That's a good deal. My first AR was an M&P-15 - ran like a champ through practice and classes.

Stock, quad-rail, front sight - not my cup of tea but they work - I replaced it all. 1:9 twist 16" barrel. Receivers are tight, bolt is solid. Just works.

I'd MUCH rather have this than some frankengat - and I've built some frankengats for various reasons (300 AAC Blackout, AR-9, pistols, rifles, etc.)
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    FFL texted me. Only cosmetic flaw is a spot on brass deflector. Rifle looks good.
    The guy who does his gunsmithing (and a friend of mine) looked it over. He said it's all factory parts, nobody screwed with it. Yankee Hill is maker for quadrail. He said it'd be a huge surprise if it had more than 250-500 rounds through the gun in total.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    The guy who does his gunsmithing (and a friend of mine) looked it over. He said it's all factory parts, nobody screwed with it. Yankee Hill is maker for quadrail. He said it'd be a huge surprise if it had more than 250-500 rounds through the gun in total.
    Sounds like you got a sweet deal, then.

I picked it up while traveling through, buddy opened up a little early for me.

Niiice trigger. Surprisingly nice.

Picked mine up on Sunday and gave it the once over. Doesn't look like it's been shot much at all. Everything is solid. Wear on the deflector, little wear on the bottom side of the rail that looks like it was rested on something during training.

I was planning on taking it out today or tomorrow and shooting it. After seeing it in person on Christmas, my niece's fiance really liked it and said he'd rather have one of these than a PSA build. I thought about, realized I didn't really need it and only bought it because of the price, so I made him a deal. I sold it to him for what I paid for it and I split the transfer fee with him(Washington State). He was happier than President Trump when they upped the maximum Twitter characters allowed. In the end it cost me $52.50 to own the rifle for 48 hours($35 transfer to me then $17.50 transfer to him) but I got the peace of mind that he's got a good rifle.

^^^You’re a good dude, CF.

(Also, your soon to be nephew-in-law will be even happier if WA legislation goes the way of all things.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    ^^^You’re a good dude, CF.

(Also, your soon to be nephew-in-law will be even happier if WA legislation goes the way of all things.)
    Thanks. Having gone the PSA route twice when I first got into AR's, I know that they can either be good or really bad. The first one I pieced together is still going strong after replacing the PSA BCG with a BCM BCG. It's my dedicated training gun and hasn't given me any hiccups. The second one I put together was out of spec nearly everywhere and I returned everything but the lower. I put a BCM LPK and upper on it and it's my HD rifle.

If I can save someone the headache I'm glad to help.

I finally got the rifle to the range this evening. First time ever I didn't have to adjust the iron sights at all. I was pleasantly surprised. I've put an Aimpoint on it, and it took me a few tries to dial it in but not too much effort.

I only ran 60 rounds through it, total, but liked the way it shot. Light rain and getting dark made for a shorter range outing.

Anyway, a light and a sling and I'll be ready to wring it out a bit more.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Congrats on your new rifle! I hope it continues to serve you well!

I am curious though, why all the hate for PSA stuff? I was skeptical myself until I talked to some coworkers and then ordered one myself. I have been very pleasantly surprised with the quality for the price point. Now it’s not very old yet and the round count is very low so far, but based on my experience with the rifle and PSA service, I think it’s going to be a great gun! And if it’s not, I’m pretty sure they will take care of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by leathermaneod View Post
    Congrats on your new rifle! I hope it continues to serve you well!

I am curious though, why all the hate for PSA stuff? I was skeptical myself until I talked to some coworkers and then ordered one myself. I have been very pleasantly surprised with the quality for the price point. Now it’s not very old yet and the round count is very low so far, but based on my experience with the rifle and PSA service, I think it’s going to be a great gun! And if it’s not, I’m pretty sure they will take care of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Here's my first hand experience. PSA parts will either be good, or horrible. Their QC is all over the place, nowhere near the level of consistency I look for.

Out of all the PSA stuff I bought trying to save money and have a "just as good" rifle, the only thing that remains is one lower and one upper, and they're not paired up because both are out of spec enough to not work with each other. The PSA lower is paired up with a BCM upper and barrel, and the PSA upper is on an Aero Precision lower.

If you're looking for a range toy, the PSA will probably serve you well. If you're looking for an AR pattern rifle to stake your life on, 6920 or bust.

User Tag List