Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CDNN LE trade in M&P 15

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

CDNN LE trade in M&P 15

https://www.cdnnsports.com/smith-wes...l#.WjRaud-nHIU

This isn't the "sport" model, it's the M&P15 with the M4 barrel profile. I called CDNN and they said the quad rail is factory. I went ahead and ordered one, but it'll probably be after Christmas before I can get back to the FFL to pick it up.

$499.99.
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 12-15-2017 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    https://www.cdnnsports.com/smith-wes...l#.WjRaud-nHIU

This isn't the "sport" model, it's the M&P15 with the M4 barrel profile. I called CDNN and they said the quad rail is factory. I went ahead and ordered one, but it'll probably be after Christmas before I can get back to the FFL to pick it up.

$499.99.
    Ordered. Thanks for the heads up.

My niece's fiance is wanting to buy an AR with his Christmas bonus. I forwarded him that link and told him he should jump on it. He replied "I can assemble one from PSA for that price." Jesus wept...

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Ordered. Thanks for the heads up.

My niece's fiance is wanting to buy an AR with his Christmas bonus. I forwarded him that link and told him he should jump on it. He replied "I can assemble one from PSA for that price." Jesus wept...
    If it's any consolation, you'll be the first person that he calls when his PSA parts gun doesn't work.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    If it's any consolation, you'll be the first person that he calls when his PSA parts gun doesn't work.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Hopefully he takes heed of the advice I gave him after my younger didn't know better days with PSA guns. Check the head space and put a legit BCG in it and it'll probably be ok until you can upgrade.

Keep us posted with pics when you get that rifle.

My agency recently ordered a bunch of Bushmasters to replace Vietnam era freebies from .gov that had been converted to semi-auto only. They got their shiny new Bushys and asked me if I wanted one and I politely declined. I have an issued Colt collapsible from the Clinton AWB era (stamped on the receiver LE only) and have thousands of rounds experience with it. If it ain't broke I don't want a fix.

Few months later, they recalled all the Bushys and issued Ruger AR-556 sticks. Said the birdcage flash hiders were backing off in range sessions. So they went to the Rugers and I, again, politely declined and stuck with the Colt.

About three months later, they recalled all the Rugers for some sort of catastrophic failures during 200-300 round sessions (I suspect bad BCGs but they are very hush hush with it since the Rugers were the baby of the Rangemaster who suffers from extreme butthurt)......and issued......wait for it.........brand new Bushmasters.

I kid you not.

I've built a BCM build that is rock solid, a cheap PSA model for my son, and a cheap Delton kit for a trunk gun for trips. I've been happy with all three........even the Delton which is the cheapest of the lot. I don't have that many rounds through it (500 ish) but so far it's great.

I'm sure those Smiths were carried a lot and shot very little.....like most LE trade ins.

Regards.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Another option in that price range:

https://www.kingsfirearmsonline.com/...lite-m15-rifle

One little detail: I've used the Armalite bolt catch in the past. It's a bit stronger (at least larger in cross section) and easier to activate manually than the MIL-spec design.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    I'm sure those Smiths were carried a lot and shot very little.....like most LE trade ins.
    Do you have any recourse if you happen to get one that has 50K rounds down the pipe and a ton of worn out parts, or just happens to not run right? I could see a lot of places balking at taking back a used gun, especially if they've got some sort of disclaimer about them being sold "as is" or similar.

I would assume that is going to vary from distributor to distributor.

Only our SWAT rifles were/are shot a lot since they are the only ones able to dictate how much they train. The rest of us are limited to about 200 rounds a year.......on a good year.......and that is only the ones that want to train.

Used PD guns are usually a good bet.....used cars from PDs......not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Do you have any recourse if you happen to get one that has 50K rounds down the pipe and a ton of worn out parts, or just happens to not run right? I could see a lot of places balking at taking back a used gun, especially if they've got some sort of disclaimer about them being sold "as is" or similar.
    It's advertised as "excellent" condition. Should it not be in "excellent" condition, I'll simply not accept it from the FFL and contact CDNN. I've no doubt they'll make it right, but if they don't I have the option of filing with my credit card since I did not get what I ordered. I'm not particularly concerned.

The Armalights look a little rougher, though at that price it's still fairly tempting. Personally, I'd still pay the extra $50 for the better condition (and with factory quad rail, as I'm going to add that anyway) S&W.

FFL texted me. Only cosmetic flaw is a spot on brass deflector. Rifle looks good.

User Tag List