Thread: John McPhee Launches Gunfighter U Subscription Service

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

John McPhee Launches Gunfighter U Subscription Service

I've trained with John in the past and I have become an ardent supporter of his use of video analysis. I have had other experiences with SOB Tactical that have left me convinced that John, and his people (particularly Abbey C.), are committed to doing things right.

So I was super excited to see the launch of the video repository at Gunfighter U. John has an absolutely massive repository of analysis videos, all of which are run through Coach's Eye. When you watch the videos, you hear John giving his analysis and see his Coach's Eye feedback (imagine NFL-style after-play screen drawing, if you're otherwise unfamiliar) at the same time. Here are the videos he made for me when I trained with him not too long ago.

The service is brand new, and I'm still exploring. At the moment, he only offers three different videos for each of his teaching points (see my linked AAR for specifics), but I have no idea what his plans are for the future. He pledges to offer new content monthly, but given that this service is in its infancy, it remains to be seen what that content is.

What may be one of the most interesting aspects of all of this is that John is Incorrectly Handed (e.g., a lefty). So he always provides videos and descriptions of how Incorrectly Handed people can manipulate firearms to their best advantage. My Incorrectly Handed SO found this information very useful.

Present subscription cost is $14.99/month. Honestly, that might be too expensive, and I think most people will get their fill in less than a month. But I do recommend checking out the service, just to see what John can do with video analysis. I very much look forward to seeing what Shrek and Co. do with this platform.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Given the left hand stuff this may well be worth a few months subscription. Thanks.

I am signing up, and looking forward to this.

Site Supporter
    John has been on my list of classes I want to take for a while now, and I will likely sign up for this until I can get to one in person.
    Polite Professional

User Tag List