Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Giving strong-side IWB a fair shake

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Cutting a 19 to 26 butt size conceals better than ANY particular holster.
    Why do this instead of carrying a 26?

Quote Originally Posted by nucci View Post
    Why do this instead of carrying a 26?
    More sight radius, light rail, more velocity, and longer barrel is no harder to wear AIWB.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Most people would consider 2:30 AIWB when talking about safety. If you're wanting to change for safety's sake then placing the muzzle over a different section of your artery might not really change much in that regard? Have you tried using your AIWB holster but raising the muzzle up on the waistline(if it's adjustable)? When I get that far over I simply can't sit down without the muzzle digging into the leg painfully.

If you think that the move it something you want I would suggest taking the opportunity for a, "Re-learn the fundamentals". If the holster and location are different enough where you just have to get used to it all over again during dryfire, then going step by step in a slow methodical, hyper attentive manner to actually relearn each step of the draw with corresponding cue before moving on to the next step and before speeding up, etc isn't a bad idea. For me I found that it makes my grip and sight picture at the end of the presentation much more consistent and safe (if you pay attention to the safety during the learning). It's not a lot of fun but can improve accuracy at the same speed due to consistency. Even if you go back to shooting AIWB the consistency should still be there.
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

We sell a considerable amount more of our Hylja IWB holsters (15 degree cant) than anything else.

User Tag List