Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strike Back returns 2018

Strike Back returns 2018

Not sure how I feel about it but I'll probably give it a shot. It looks like they're trying too hard to recreate the Scott/Stonebridge chemistry.

Last edited by Casual Friday; 12-15-2017 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Not sure how I feel about it but I'll probably give it a shot. It looks like they're trying too hard to recreate the Scott/Stonebridge chemistry.
    Recreate the greatest bromance in TV history?!? Blasphemy!

Unless they have an American playing a Brit and an Australian playing an American, it's never going to work.

That being said, I'll probably give it a try.

ETA: Wikipedia just informed me that, in fact, one of the main characters *is* an Australian playing an American.
    Last edited by Guerrero; 12-15-2017 at 01:20 PM.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

That mag flip would have been awesome if it had killed an enemy.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

The first 5 episodes have aired in the UK already - just not yet here in the states.

I had low expectations going in due to how much I really liked the characters before... it has been enjoyable but hasn’t risen to the same level as seasons 2-5 iMO.

Still worth a watch and I’m hoping the new characters will grow on me.
    "A man's character is his fate."

Thanks for the warning.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I'll still watch it. I never saw the original season but I really liked the four Cinemax ones.

Fist couple episodes weren't too great but its getting better. If I remember correctly, it took the last SB a season before it really found its groove too.

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    Fist couple episodes weren't too great but its getting better. If I remember correctly, it took the last SB a season before it really found its groove too.
    Well, the UK season was the first season, the Cinemax seasons were 2-whatever. I couldn't even finish the UK season it was so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Well, the UK season was the first season, the Cinemax seasons were 2-whatever. I couldn't even finish the UK season it was so bad.
    I started with Season 2 onwards and then went back to watch season 1 - definitely a different experience ;-)
    "A man's character is his fate."

It was a fun show. I’ll be checking out version 2.0 when it airs here.

User Tag List