Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with Glock Triggers

Help with Glock Triggers

As I have mentioned in other threads, due to my short fingers the reach to the face of the trigger of my Gen 3 G17 is more than I'd like. A few measurements I have made with calipers;

From face of trigger at the trigger safety pivot pin to the arch on the rear of the grip where the web of the hand rides measures 2.840 inches.

Same measurement with the trigger pulled just short of the trigger bar contacting the firing pin safety plunger measures 2.740 inches.

If anyone is using an aftermarket flat trigger, I am looking for feedback (or better yet measurements) to determine if any of these triggers reduce the "LOP" for the trigger finger.

Many thanks in advance for any insight! :-)

I'd look at a different gun. I'm not a fan of reducing pre-travel and there's not much you can do to make a Glock very good for someone with short fingers. The Glock 43 would probably work better but it is not a replacement for a 17.

What about a Gen 4 or 5 without backstrap?
    Last edited by HopetonBrown; 12-15-2017 at 01:50 PM.

From my noob experience, there are a couple of options. One option is to try the Overwatch TAC or DAT triggers. I have the TAC and it's great. It's probably considered one of the few aftermarket triggers that reduces pre-travel without violating the drop safety feature. (Modifying the trigger on an EDC, of course, is a different discussion and in a different thread.)

The other option, which helped me more than I expected, was getting some custom work. I had sent my G19 to Robar, and they do a grip reduction, stippling, and trigger guard undercut - and it feels amazing. That option, however, is $$$$. But it feels great. You may have a local guy that can do similar work, or DIY.

Last option, which I did, is just go to an HK. Haha. Seriously, the ergonomics on the grip, and the adjustability you get with the panels (VP9, VP9SK) is great.

my g17.4 no backstrap, Overwatch Tac measures 2.710.

Quote Originally Posted by hubcap View Post
    my g17.4 no backstrap, Overwatch Tac measures 2.710.
    hubcap, thanks for the info.

I purchased this pistol new and though I field strip and clean it after each use, today I detailed stripped it for the first time. I have to admit, I have a new appreciation for the amazing simplicity of Glock construction and how easy it is to detail strip. There was quite an accumulation of residue on the internals and everything was bone dry on top of it. I gently hand polished the contact points with Mother's Billet Polish (25-cent trigger job), then thoroughly cleaned and reassembled with a thin coat of Slip 2000 on all metal parts. As expected, it smoothed-out the trigger pull considerably and it seems to break cleaner as well.

I'm going to spend some quality time with it at the range this weekend. Who knows, maybe the Glock works for me better than I remember.

Site Supporter
    If you find yourself adjusting hand position to get on the trigger right, then yeah the grip size might be too much. I have a similar problem with the 92.

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    If you find yourself adjusting hand position to get on the trigger right, then yeah the grip size might be too much. I have a similar problem with the 92.
    fixer, with the 92 I would assume that is in DA mode only? With my 5906 I too find that's the case holding with one hand but it's just fine with the hammer cocked in SA.

Site Supporter
    I'd get that grip modified, or swap it for a gen 4/5. No need to fuss with the trigger. My buddy (little hands) got a Gen 3 G22, got the grip modified, and runs it just fine. Pre-grip reduction, he was ready to sell it.

Site Supporter
    yep in DA. on draw from concealment, I frequently can't get a solid grip and the gun will shift/jostle/jockey around as I try to establish a grip that gets me good trigger reach.

User Tag List