Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Week 247: 3x5 Cold

Site Supporter
    CZ P10c, DP-Pro, JMCK IW3 @4:00, carry ammo
    Distance to target: 7 yards
    Start position (concealed, retention, open top holster, or ready position): concealed under polo shirt, IWB @4, hands at sides
    Time: 2.64
    Number of hits: 2

Distance to target: 7 yards
    Start position (concealed, retention, open top holster, or ready position): Beretta 92G, AIWB in Dale Fricke archangel, concealed under sweater
    Time: 2.46 total; 1.78 draw, 0.68 split.
    Number of hits: 2
    Enjoyed starting my practice session off with this. Shot it with Speer 124gr Lawman instead of my carry load (no bonus points for me), and then used these first two hits as the first run for the week 248 DOTW.

Name:  20171221_123925.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  37.2 KB
    Last edited by jkb4c; 12-21-2017 at 03:39 PM.

Hit it again today, in the proper spirit of the DoW, with a G19 worn IWB at 3:30 in a FIST #1K under a fleece. Loaded with 124 grain +P Gold Dots.

7 yards.

2.31 sec, one hit on the card, one miss centered about an inch and a half low.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Drove by range around lunch today, stopped just for the drill.
    Gen419, Warren/Sevigny night sights(two dots).
    Tenicor ARX holster, open, target at 7 yards, w/3x5 on head. 10 dryfire draws this AM before leaving house on errands. 147gr. Winchester jhp.
    2 hits, 2.46, 3.17. Conscious of really focusing on second shot sight focus.
    See y’all in the New Year!

Started with this today from a Dark Star AIWB under an insulate corduroy shirt/jacket under an open wool coat in 26 degree temp, using a G17.
    2.60 and two hits.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Stopped by range in the AM on way to work-cold in many ways, temp, no dry fire this AM, etc.
    Gen5 17 in ARX OWB, 147 HST. Concealed under down jacket.
    FAIL, with a 2.85 first (miss), called it, slowed down for 3.51 hit.
    Conscious of calling miss at least(crunched trigger).
    Rest of day was better, later...

Ran this on two separate, but consecutive mornings last week; Gen5 17, Ameriglo “FBI” sights, Tenicor ARX owb holster, 147 HST.
    1st was 2.37/3.04, two hits(a little low on card),unconcealed. Second morning I kept my coat on, and had two hits(centered) in 2.57/3.15.
    Notes: I was mildly aggravated at my earlier erratic shooting, hence took the concealment out of the equation. Then the next morning realized after thinking that w/this gun and sights, I should place the front dot center of card; a reminder for me to check POA/POI when I switch models(17, 19,43, etc.). Definitely try it and incorporate as a “qc” check. One other comment for me: I had secured the 17 at home, and in slight rush to get to range, didn’t chamber check first thing in the AM. That was a thought as I walked onto range, but a good lesson-have a system and stick to it! I appreciate these drills for the “learning moments”.

CZ P-07 / JMCK AIWB George / heavy sweater.

7 yds, upper A zone

1.54, 0.55: 2.09s

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    CZ P-07 / JMCK AIWB George / heavy sweater.

7 yds, upper A zone

1.54, 0.55: 2.09s

Yeow! Nice!

3.44s from low ready, Glock 19 Gen 5, Speer GD 124+p at 5 yards.

Fail. This was my carry gun pulled from the holster (my range does not allow drawing) and started at the low ready. At the beep, first shot felt good, but as is the story of my life, I yanked the second round low (and felt it immediately). Sigh.

Anyway, good test for me.

User Tag List