Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Week 247: 3x5 Cold

Changed up equipment this AM. Lit indoor range.
    G43 w/Warren night sights(two dot), Blackhawk pocket holster, 147 gr Wichester jhp. 7 yards, started w/hand on gun in pocket, concealed.
    Pass; two hits, 2.19/2.97
    Noted: on my first attempt yesterday, first shot hit target carrier(high)-so, fail. This fail was a good reminder that if one has different carry guns, modes, etc., one needs to remember the idiosyncrasies(duh).

Shot this cold, super cold. No live fire in almost 2 months cold.

2.55 clean (1.95/.65) - Beretta 92 AIWB

Switched just yesterday from my regular aegis belt to a new mastermind belt that is not rigid enough for the Beretta imo. The belt, combined with the soft loops gives the holster quite a bit of wobble and really screwed up my grip acquisition. Oh well, at least it was clean and now I know I need to go back to the aegis.

Site Supporter
    Did this this morning when I was cold, wind chill in the low 20s somewhere. S&W M10-8, Galco Combat Master (OWB pancake) holster, heavy insulated shirt for concealment, R-P 158 grain LSWC-HP ammo. 3.79 clean. Lack of confidence in that first shot is still slowing me down.

Start Position: Hand on Gun/Front Pocket Carry
    5 yards
    SHO
    2.19 sec

Since I haven't shot ANY handgun since October I think that satisfies the "cold" stipulation. :^)

Last edited by 41magfan; 01-13-2018 at 03:24 PM.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

This week I shot this simple cool cold test with my Model 36 J frame from AIWB under a fleece with a big old coat on as it was 13 degrees.
    I was FAST with 2.07 but missed them both. Missed one a couple inches out at 3:00 and one by a few inches low/left. Ugly.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I really stunk this one up.
    3 yards, from concealment.
    Open top IWB at 4:00 under unzipped Carhartt jacket.
    2.61 1 hit 1 miss high

I finished my week before the holiday weekend by changing up gun and gear again; ammo remains carry=147 W jhp.
    Gen4 G19, Warren/Sevigny night sights out of a Safariland GLS paddle holster under a jacket. For this particular run, just for the hell of it, I did not wear my prescription shooting glasses(curious to see effect).
    Results: clean(2 hits) in 2.82, 3.19.
    Noted: this piece has a trigger w/a bit of a different “feel”- bit of a distinct break-and the first round was a “surprise”.
    I really like this little exercise.

User Tag List