Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Nightforce 1-8 discussion

Ill choose a FFP over a SFP optic everyday of the week.

I shoot out to 1200yds on a weekly basis....sure if you have all the time in the world SFP will work. If your combining speed and precision...it’s FFP all the way.

I only own 1 SFP and it sits on my first rifle I received when I was 12. I would never change anything about that gun for sentimental reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TCFD273 View Post
    Ill choose a FFP over a SFP optic everyday of the week.

I shoot out to 1200yds on a weekly basis....sure if you have all the time in the world SFP will work. If your combining speed and precision...it’s FFP all the way.

I only own 1 SFP and it sits on my first rifle I received when I was 12. I would never change anything about that gun for sentimental reasons.

Different scopes for different purposes

The stack of 7-35 FFP Nightforce's I sold yesterday and today are going on PRS rifles and ELR that shoot from 200ish yards to try and stretch out to eventually 4,000 yards.
    If it was my choice the NX8 would have been a 1-6 SFP and slightly cheaper, but I will reserve judgement until I have them in my hand. Since I personally don't have unlimited funds I will eventually decide between the updated Razor Gen II 1-6 and the NX8 for my next LPV.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Nightforce 1-8 discussion

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    Different scopes for different purposes

The stack of 7-35 FFP Nightforce's I sold yesterday and today are going on PRS rifles and ELR that shoot from 200ish yards to try and stretch out to eventually 4,000 yards.
    If it was my choice the NX8 would have been a 1-6 SFP and slightly cheaper, but I will reserve judgement until I have them in my hand. Since I personally don't have unlimited funds I will eventually decide between the updated Razor Gen II 1-6 and the NX8 for my next LPV.
    I’ve bought a few scopes from you in the past [emoji106]

I almost pulled the tigger on the 7-35 but I don’t ever see myself shooting past 1500 and the 5x25 works well for me.

The NX8 is lighter, which is a selling point for me.

For me, the ability to be at any magnification and the drops be correct is very useful. If shooting multiple targets or targets that move after being shot, field of view is very important.

Last edited by TCFD273; 12-28-2017 at 04:33 PM.

I’ve bought a few scopes from you in the past [emoji106]

I almost pulled the tigger on the 7-35 but I don’t ever see myself shooting past 1500 and the 5x25 works well for me.

The NX8 is lighter, which is a selling point for me.

For me, the ability to be at any magnification and the drops be correct is very useful. If shooting multiple targets or targets that move after being shot, field of view is very important.

Thank you for your Business! This is off topic but the 7-35's are truly something special where many people prefer paying the premium over the 5-25, if you're ever interested than shoot me a message and I'll go over it.
    CS Tactical
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    Thank you for your Business! This is off topic but the 7-35's are truly something special where many people prefer paying the premium over the 5-25, if you're ever interested than shoot me a message and I'll go over it.
    Well damn! Lol

I bought another 5x25 last month, I debated the 7x35 for several weeks and decided against it.

I have an AI in 6.5 Creed coming in a month, I just might have to get a new scope, so I’ll definitely keep you in mind.

Well damn! Lol

I bought another 5x25 last month, I debated the 7x35 for several weeks and decided against it.

I have an AI in 6.5 Creed coming in a month, I just might have to get a new scope, so I’ll definitely keep you in mind.

The only scope more desired than the 1-8 right now, I wish we had 20 of them on this order...

Last edited by CS Tactical; 12-28-2017 at 07:55 PM.
    CS Tactical
    www.cstactical.com

For LE shooting (almost always under 300), SFP is the way to go. For shooting longer ranges then FFP obviously is superior.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

So, while I'm excited for the new 1-8, I've found myself wondering if NF will be releasing other NX8 compact models i.e. a 1.5-12, or 2-16.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    For LE shooting (almost always under 300), SFP is the way to go. For shooting longer ranges then FFP obviously is superior.
    Pardon the ignorance but why is SFP preferable in a LE shooting scenario?
    Shoot more, post less...

Cross hair on target, pull trigger. At almost all LE engagement ranges, there is no appreciable drop to be worried about, so FFP and complex reticles are not such an advantage as at longer ranges (ex. military sniping). At low power, the cross hairs get very small and hard to see on some optics which can be very problematic for LE shooting distances.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List