Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Nightforce 1-8 discussion

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LOBO View Post
    ???
    To keep it short, I'm not a fan of it at all. Hopefully their change in ownership will bring positive changes to their line.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    CS Tactical, what does the ATACR brings to the table over the NX8?.
    ATACR’s have a super cool locking low profile elevation turret! Oh wait....

To each his own, but as far as I am concerned boo for capping the coolest part about the ATACR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crews View Post
    ATACR’s have a super cool locking low profile elevation turret! Oh wait....

To each his own, but as far as I am concerned boo for capping the coolest part about the ATACR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully when that part is released it can be retrofitted
    CS Tactical
    www.cstactical.com

Name:  NTF 1-8 ATACR looking turrett Prototype.jpg
Views: 9046
Size:  68.3 KB
    CS Tactical
    www.cstactical.com

I see, the ATACR has less FOV than the NX8... only 32.0 m / 100 m (<-- this info is wrong in their tech pamphlet, apparently they get confused with basic math)

WAY less than a top 1-6X scope like the Swarovski, 42.5 m / 100 m , 33% more!

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    Name:  NTF 1-8 ATACR looking turrett Prototype.jpg
Views: 9046
Size:  68.3 KB
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I see, the ATACR has less FOV than the NX8... only 32.0 m / 100 m (<-- this info is wrong in their tech pamphlet, apparently they get confused with basic math)

WAY less than a top 1-6X scope like the Swarovski, 42.5 m / 100 m , 33% more!
    Supposedly the specs under-represent the ATACR compared to the actual performance but that is TBD as I have not tried it yet.

From Fenix Mike on the hide https://forum.snipershide.com/forum/...e-models/page3

"The differences between these two (again my opinions, others may vary, and I will get to test them more once my personal pair come in for my rifles) -
    the ATACR has the better ED glass, better low light performance (34mm tube) HUGE eye box, and better eye relief (much more forgiving)
    The NX8 has the NXS quality glass, a lightly larger FOV than the ATACR, a much tighter eye box, and is similar to the NF 1-4, obviously other than having 8x and being FFP as well as daylight visible illumination where as previous models came up short. While the ATACR has less FOV, the HUGE eye box gives the feel of a larger FOV than what the specs state. "

"The NX8 is about 75% of what the Razor is for eyebox... I personally feel that was Vortex's greatest achievement, other than weighing as much as it does and lack of zero stop. I bounced between that and the MK6/8 multiple times because each one had little things I disliked. I will give a longer term review of the NX8 when mine shows up (hopefully in a couple weeks), and then when the ATACR ships, I will have some close and long range (800m+) reviews with it, turret testing etc. "

"the ATACR eye box is marginally better than the Razor... 10% give or take. That's saying a LOT because I was a Razor fanatic. I will probably have to test out one of the lightweight models eventually just to see how they do. My Scar 17 is a 13 inch SBR and one of my absolute favorite go to rifles because its light, easy to take anywhere, zero recoil suppressed with the correct gas jets, and with M80 Ball, still has no issues at 800m. If the MK6 had a better reticle and unlimited turret elevation, it would be a heavy contender in my favorites, and if the Razor was lighter and had some more updated features that all the other Vortex Razor scopes have, the same goes for it. Nightforce really took all the greatest parts of the other scopes and built them into the ATACR, and reading some of the other preliminary reviews, the others agree. The NX8 was going to go on my Scar 16 SBR (10 inch) as its perfect size and really will take full advantage of that rifle, but I may just put it on the Scar 17 until the ATACR comes in to see how it does. "
    Last edited by CS Tactical; 12-19-2017 at 07:34 PM.
    CS Tactical
    www.cstactical.com

Good for Fenix Mike, but the 34 mm tube has nothing to do with low light performance... basic physics.

FOV has to be measured in carefully controlled conditions, period. Not that difficult, and I don't think any maker would under represent their product.

I just mentioned Nightforce makes a simple math error when they translate the FOV from ft/100 yds to m/100 m in their pamphlet.

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    To keep it short, I'm not a fan of it at all. Hopefully their change in ownership will bring positive changes to their line.
    Gotcha.

Good for Fenix Mike, but the 34 mm tube has nothing to do with low light performance... basic physics.

FOV has to be measured in carefully controlled conditions, period. Not that difficult, and I don't think any maker would under represent their product.

I just mentioned Nightforce makes a simple math error when they translate the FOV from ft/100 yds to m/100 m in their pamphlet.

Unfortunately I see errors like that on manufacturers sites and literature.
    CS Tactical
    www.cstactical.com

User Tag List